PDA

View Full Version : Suhr Guitar

Laingy
January 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I have noticed alot of talk on here about the Suhr guitar, both for and against. I am thinking of getting one , i 'm sure robert will have advice for me :D Not sure on the classic or the 10 th year anniversary one . Its 2 . 5 hour drive to my nearest dealer..So thought i might get some insight here first. Any advice i would be thankfull for.
Jay :rockon:

Robert
January 12th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Well, everyone knows I love Suhr guitars - I am extremely happy with mine. What advice are you looking for? My recommendation is to do the drive over there and try them for yourselves. After you know what you want, you can special order yours to your own preferred specs.

Laingy
January 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I was probally just double checking that the long drive will be worth it. Like you i have some top end custom shop fender's.Was wondering if they were that much better. But like you said best to play a few first before spending alot of money....I was looking at Prs origanlly but was told buy a salesman about Suhr guitar's.Considering he did not even sell them i thought they must be good.

just strum
January 12th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I would have to go back and read all the threads, but I don't recall anything negative said about the Suhr. If I recall correctly, we (a couple of us) gave Robert a little razing about buying the guitar, but all indication is he likes it (you can tell by the smile in his videos). Mark Wein also ones a couple and I would assume he likes his.

Robert
January 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
The only negative is perhaps the price?... :eek:

But you get what you pay for. A top of the line instrument. The quality of Suhrs is as good as it gets.

hubberjub
January 12th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Absolutely worth the price.

Jimi75
January 13th, 2009, 01:55 AM
I have noticed alot of talk on here about the Suhr guitar, both for and against.

Did that "against" talk really happen? Must have missed it.
I would drive the 2,5 hours, the Suhr guitars are worth the drive.

Laingy
January 13th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks fella's sold......looks like i am driving from Sydney down to canberra tomorrow. Guess i will have to beg , borrow and steal to bring one back...Anyone have any idea's on pick-up configeration's ?? Thanks again for the imput.

Jimi75
January 13th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Thanks fella's sold......looks like i am driving from Sydney down to canberra tomorrow. Guess i will have to beg , borrow and steal to bring one back...Anyone have any idea's on pick-up configeration's ?? Thanks again for the imput.

Don't come back with empty hands ;-)
If you drive then you buy one...

PUs? I personally love single coils in my strat type of guitars. If I was planning on buying a Suhr (which I will do asap) I would chose the classic one with the HB in the bridge position. This gives me the opportunity to sell my Les Paul and still having some kind of humbucker sound. I'd say that all types of pus that Suhr produces sound great.

oldguy
January 13th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I was probally just double checking that the long drive will be worth it. Like you i have some top end custom shop fender's.Was wondering if they were that much better. But like you said best to play a few first before spending alot of money....I was looking at Prs origanlly but was told buy a salesman about Suhr guitar's.Considering he did not even sell them i thought they must be good.

Robert, I want to see some pictures of your CS Fenders!

Plank_Spanker
January 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Every Suhr I have put my hands on was a dream machine. Great guitars!

Laingy
January 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I am now the proud owner of 10 th year Anniversary edt. Played alot of the suhr guitars . The double aldrich humbucker was unbelievable.So many sounds come out of those babies....Can still get a strat sound out of them, with the 5 way switch config..... :dude: So was worth the 6 hour drive to pick one up. I wish i realized how good they are i would have sold the custom shop fenders and bought the custom classic also..... Might still do that :thwap:

Robert
January 14th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Oh wow, CONGRATS on finally getting a GUITAR! :D

I'm happy for ya, brother.

just strum
January 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Congrat, but

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/nopics.gif

M29
January 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Congrats! :poke:

tot_Ou_tard
January 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah congrats!!!

Jimi75
January 15th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Congrats! I am happy to hear you bought the Suhr! The value/price for the CS Fender might get you a nice Suhr Badger maybe. By the way, a great amph!

You made the right decision! Let us see and hear this baby soon!

I am GASSING for a Suhr. Hopefully, within this year I will join the club, too.

Laingy
January 15th, 2009, 04:39 AM
My camera is on the blink, so these are a few with the mobile phone as well as the shop add one. I think it looks better in person:) Has any one heard any feedback on this model ?? Thanks again

p.s this will not be my last Suhr guitar im sure....:beavisnbutthead:

Jimi75
January 15th, 2009, 05:37 AM
OMG! That's a dream of a guitar.

Gil Janus
January 15th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Very nice. Congrats on a great find.

Gil :cool: