PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up and Drive Music

sunvalleylaw
January 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
90's roots pop/punk - or something like that. I am not sure where the genre police put this stuff, but I was in the mood for some.

FLFVs5vXlyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFVs5vXlyE
Everclear, Santa Monica - Listen to the vintage, roots tone, delivered with a punkish attitude.

Cracker is another band that captures this feeling for me. A favorite of mine during my ant-folksinger phase.

TybFyhlwdvU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TybFyhlwdvU&feature=related

Good stuff for a "shut up and and drive" kind of day. :pancake: Please add any you think that fit the feeling. Doesn't have to be 90's.

aeolian
January 13th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Everclear has written some songs that I find myself singing along to whenever one comes on, "Santa Monica" is one of those. They are based out of Portland, and I have run across Art Alexakis a couple of times around town, one time was at the Portland Airport.

Suhnton
January 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I like the drums in this tune a lot, they really propel the song along. They seem to be a bit buried under that wall-of-guitar though.

Everlong
4H0BMfqFP9c

Kazz
January 14th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Everclear has written some songs that I find myself singing along to whenever one comes on, "Santa Monica" is one of those. They are based out of Portland, and I have run across Art Alexakis a couple of times around town, one time was at the Portland Airport.

Yep.....go ahead...ruin my one bit of useless Everclear trivia.....Portland's Own...Everclear is how I used to introduce them when I was about to play Everclear at home or in the car.

Not that I ever cared much for Portland....the traffic up there was nuts LMAO.

I was sentenced to 10 years in Springfield/Eugene with my first marriage ha ha. While out there I was the warehouse manager for Harry Ritchie/Don's Jewelers. Monday Wednesday and Friday we made deliveries to the stores north of Eugene (Salem, Beaverton, Mall 205 and Lloyd Center) and Tuesday and Thursday it was south for (Roseburg and North Bend Pony Village mall)

Well whenever my main driver would call in, I would have to fill in and she always had this knack for only calling in on north run days....

I do miss the food at the Lloyd Center tho...and watching the kids ice skate on the rink in the middle of the first floor.

Jimi75
January 14th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I always liked Everclear. Here's something that I find fit the category, too. The Manic Street Preachers. They were on heavy rotation on my car many years ago...

Yc1_5w4mdDA

thearabianmage
January 14th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hey Jimi - nice one! The Manics are pretty good! Gotta get 'Slash 'n Burn'. I saw them at Glastonbury Festival 2003 (the last 'good' one from what I hear)

But, if I may say - Pantera must be the ultimate car music. Once you put that on, you have this bald dude screaming at you to get where have to be. With good guitar solos :D

Jimi75
January 14th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hey Jimi - nice one! The Manics are pretty good! Gotta get 'Slash 'n Burn'. I saw them at Glastonbury Festival 2003 (the last 'good' one from what I hear)

But, if I may say - Pantera must be the ultimate car music. Once you put that on, you have this bald dude screaming at you to get where have to be. With good guitar solos :D

\m/

thearabianmage
January 14th, 2009, 06:31 AM
\m/

\m/ :dude: \m/

Katastrophe
January 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
\m/ :dude: \m/

Hail. \m/

If "Walk" comes on the radio when I'm driving, the ol' headbanger in me comes out. It's funny to watch, really. :dude:

thearabianmage
January 14th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Hail. \m/

If "Walk" comes on the radio when I'm driving, the ol' headbanger in me comes out. It's funny to watch, really. :dude:

My neck has just recovered from clubbin on Friday night at the Electric Ballroom when Cowboys From Hell came on. That's the only song they played that night that I love - and it showed.

Air guitar! Head banging! Silly faces! Metal!!!

Chicks don't dig that sort of thing (trust me) but man is it fun! :D