PDA

View Full Version : Why do guitars have to cost money. . .??

thearabianmage
January 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Because one is giving me major GAS. . . O_Q

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280299600121&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:GB:1123

They have a few that are pretty nice at decent prices. . . This is just about the only neckthrough I can find at £280 - especially considering its other features, I think it's well worth it. . .

Rocket
January 14th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Why do guitars have to cost money. . .??
To justify the self-guilt...

...so buy it!

Andy
January 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I have some advice...stay off the internet

(yeah I know ...thats impossible) ...well......:rotflmao: I tried

I'm starting to think the internet is the devil...

thearabianmage
January 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
To justify the self-guilt...

...so buy it!

You're not helping! :thwap:

:D

marnold
January 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I agree with this guy (http://www.guitarvibe.com/2009/01/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-new-guitar-in-2009.html). Of course, I can't guarantee that I'll follow his advice, as sage as it is.

Having said that, the auction is now over. Sooooo . . .

Bloozcat
January 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I empathize with you, buddy...

I just relieved my latest GAS problem last Friday. Delivery date for my new obsession is this coming Friday....:thwap:

Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

thearabianmage
January 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Having said that, the auction is now over. Sooooo . . .

It'll be back. . . it always is. . . to taunt me. Calling out my name (through the interwebs into my mind). I just keep gassing around my laptop and I think that is a byproduct of the GAS this axe has given me. But I will be a man and abstain.

That website had some good advice, though! And that Nigel Tufnel guitar looks pretty sweet <gasss> My guitar teacher is endorsed by Ernie Ball and Music Man, I wonder if he can get me a discount on that one. . . (***EDIT*** just did research on this guitar. . . maybe not. . . )

The UPS truck is indeed the Beano for guitarists with GAS. How appropriate. A big brown truck being referred to as a laxative for a condition sharing a name with flatulation. . .

bigoldron
January 14th, 2009, 02:57 PM

I just relieved my latest GAS problem last Friday. Delivery date for my new obsession is this coming Friday....:thwap:

Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Don't forget pics! We want to see and GAS over your new obsession. :bravo:

just strum
January 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
You're not helping! :thwap:

Yes he is. He's telling you to do what you really want to do and has now given you reason to do it. Makes sense, I think?

tjcurtin1
January 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Another great sig line candidate!

Katastrophe
January 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
It'll be back. . . it always is. . . to taunt me. Calling out my name (through the interwebs into my mind).

You know, if you wear an aluminium pointy hat, them evil intarwebz won't invade your brain, causing what is sure to be near fatal GAS next time.

Post pics to verify you're wearing the hat, please!

BTW, that is a really cool guitar!

marnold
January 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Re: the Tufnel guitar--I like the inlays with the names of the notes upside down so he can read them. Classic!

thearabianmage
January 15th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Re: the Tufnel guitar--I like the inlays with the names of the notes upside down so he can read them. Classic!

I like the inlay because it seems he thinks every first fret is 'F', etc. :rotflmao:

Bloozcat
January 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Don't forget pics! We want to see and GAS over your new obsession. :bravo:

The digital camera is at the ready! :dude:

Bloozcat
January 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Another great sig line candidate!

Done!! :wave:

marnold
January 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I like the inlay because it seems he thinks every first fret is 'F', etc. :rotflmao:
It isn't? :eek: (see the other thread where I called a Bm chord an F#m)

sunvalleylaw
January 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Why do things cost money. Hmm. In a perfect world, we would share our skills and talents and assets freely, just because, and receive all the food, shelter, clothing, transportation, healthcare, and gear that we need just because in return. This medium of exchange called money just gets in the way. But alas, it is not a perfect world.