PDA

View Full Version : Deedaleee Deewwwaaaarrrrrrrrrrrraaaannnnnggggg!

Viking Power
January 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
That was a little intro solo BTW!

Hi All:

My name is Viking Power and I am a long time guitar lover from the Seattle, Washington, USA area.

I have taught myself(to little avail:rolleyes:) how to play guitar and bass over the last 23 years with a long break during the last 10 years or so.

I am now taking guitar lessons (my first was January 10th '09). Yay me! I finally convinced myself that you can still be cool AND take lessons:thwap: .

My genres of interest include (but aren't limited to!):

punk
surf
rockabilly
metal
blues
ska
reggae
psychobilly

I currently own an Epiphone Dreadnought-style 6 string acoustic, but am itching for an electric already:rockon: !!!!!!!!

duhvoodooman
January 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Welcome to The Fret, VP! Happy to have you with us here. :AOK: :dude: :beer:

Robert
January 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Welcome VP, you may get V(i)P treatment here! :)

How did you come up with the name "Viking Power"?

sunvalleylaw
January 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Nice to meetcha VP! I am a born and raised Tacoman, and lived in the Tacoma and Seattle area for the first 35 or so years of my life. I still am a Seattle to Olympia/Aberdeen sound fan, and like all your genres. Welcome!

Rocket
January 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I was also born in Tacoma... well, Madigan (MAMC) actually. I returned to WA, (Bremerton,) to take a professing position at Olympic College 94-97 before losing interest and moving on.

Welcome VP!

sunvalleylaw
January 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Cool Rocket! I did not know that. I have been many times to Ft. Lewis though I consider that more in between Lakewood and Spanaway, and my Dad is from Port Orchard, and a Navy man, so I am very familiar with Bremerton. Even ate at the Officer's mess there once.

evenkeel
January 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the gang!! :D

Been taking lessons for a few weeks and already off to the dark side. Seems about on schedule. :D

Viking Power
January 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome VP, you may get V(i)P treatment here! :)

:rotflmao: Good One!

How did you come up with the name "Viking Power"?

Viking Power came from two sources:

-I'm descended from the Vikings who settled in Normandy and then conquered England. I know, that makes me pretty cool, huh? :cool: Please note the sarcasm!

-Second source is a giant of a man from Norway named Svend Karlsen. World's Strongest Man 2001. He likes to yell "Viking Power" after each strongman heat. Now, he is actually pretty cool! :master:

Viking Power
January 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Cool Rocket! I did not know that. I have been many times to Ft. Lewis though I consider that more in between Lakewood and Spanaway, and my Dad is from Port Orchard, and a Navy man, so I am very familiar with Bremerton. Even ate at the Officer's mess there once.

I'm ex-Navy myself. Did 8 years. Been out since '96.

Gil Janus
January 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard TheFret. You will find a fine cast and crew here to assist in your path to being a better guitarist - at least it is helping me :thwap:

You should fit right in here - I started playing in 1973, and then in '74 stopped for 33 years - now I'm re-learning - both with my old acoustic and some of them new fangled electric guitars that are taking the world by storm :dude: :rockon: :R :DR

Once more, welcome.

Gil :cool:

Rocket
January 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I'm ex-Navy myself. Did 8 years. Been out since '96.
Me too... Boomers ("41 for Freedom") (http://americanhistory.si.edu/subs/const/anatomy/boomers/index.html), Retired in '89.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/attachments/titan-pictures-media-post/1994d1087877355-submarine-emergency-blow-639blow.jpg

peachhead
January 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
VP, welcome to the Fret! :D
I have a cousin that lives in Bremerton but other than that I know absolutely nothing about it.

tot_Ou_tard
January 14th, 2009, 06:15 PM
It seems to me that welcoming a viking is like going looking for love at a crack-house. Nothing good can come of it.

But here goes nothing:

Welcome! Please pillage quietly, I have to work in the morning.

& ABSOLUTELY no raping or it's back to the high seas for you!

mrmudcat
January 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
welcome!:beer:

Katastrophe
January 14th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Starting off with a solo!

Coolest. Intro. Ever.

Welcome!

oldguy
January 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Welcome to TheFret!:)

player
January 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Welcome tol the fret Viking.I know you will like it here :AOK:

OG lose some PM's.good news is on the horizon.it said you were full up. :thwap:

marnold
January 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Welcome. From the end of the subject line, I thought the strap on your guitar gave way and hit the floor :)

WindyCity100
January 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Velkommen Sir!:beer:

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2009, 03:15 AM
-I'm descended from the Vikings who settled in Normandy and then conquered England. I know, that makes me pretty cool, huh? :cool: Please note the sarcasm!

Hey we might be related :D

"Oh God, save us from the fury of the Northmen!"

Viking Power
January 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Just a quick "thank you" for all the kind welcomings and for the humor as well! Best forum I've joined!

Brian Krashpad
January 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Welcome aboard! My pop's retired Navy.

Tynee
January 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
It seems to me that welcoming a viking is like going looking for love at a crack-house. Nothing good can come of it.

But here goes nothing:

Welcome! Please pillage quietly, I have to work in the morning.

& ABSOLUTELY no raping or it's back to the high seas for you!

Along the same lines, Viking, Alway sremember to pillage BEFORE you burn...

Viking Power
January 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Along the same lines, Viking, Alway sremember to pillage BEFORE you burn...

:thwap: That's where I've been getting it wrong!!!:thwap: