PDA

View Full Version : Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes Edited: I forgot last names.

M29
January 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Man this sounds good, ya gotta have some of this once in a while, turn it up:rockon: Towards the end is so sweet!

vpFeIT-u8us&feature=related

hubberjub
January 14th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I love the Allmans. Two outstanding guitarists.

warren0728
January 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I love the Allmans. Two outstanding guitarists.
it's no secret that warren haynes is one of my all time favorites! and derek is....wow!

the only thing that could have made this better is if brother duane was still with us and on stage sliding like a madman.... :master:

sunvalleylaw
January 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
That is really great! I got to see a bit of Derek this summer when he was touring with his awesome wife and bandmate Susan.

At first I thought the subject referred to Clapton with Zevon. :thwap: ;)

Jimi75
January 15th, 2009, 02:23 AM
At first I thought the subject referred to Clapton with Zevon. :thwap: ;)

So did I!

Great video of two great players. They have absolute controle over their instruments.

mrmudcat
January 15th, 2009, 05:52 AM
:master:

R_of_G
January 15th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I have always loved the ABB. I am far too young to have ever seen them in their original lineup, but my dad liked them so I heard them early in my life and I started listening to them on my own as a teenager and I took to it immediately. I saw many many shows in the Dickey Betts/Warren Haynes era (like upwards of 30 shows, I kind of lost count). I was particularly fond of Allen Woody's bass playing and loved it when he and Warren first formed the trio version of Gov't Mule. When Dickey left I was sad, but the addition of Derek was a fantastic idea. I am a fan of everything Derek has done. He is one of the most interesting players of his generation. For him to play with that band is exciting and Warren is Warren. He's always been the perfect player for that band.

And Susan Tedeschi (aka Mrs. Trucks) rocks too. We saw her open for Bela Fleck a few years ago. I have several ABB shows with her as a guest. Always good.

helliott
January 15th, 2009, 03:08 PM
That entire DVD of the ABB at the Beacon Theatre is awesome. And it goes back a bit -- Derek was still the second guitarist in the band. Last time I saw them they were two equals, and two of the best in the business. Word is Warren isn't busy enough with Mule and ABB -- he's playing for the reunited Dead on an upcoming tour, rumour has it.

Gil Janus
January 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
The lineup for this edition of The Dead will be the same one that rocked the house at Penn State last fall at the Obama benefit: The Core Four of Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart, joined by guitar monster Warren Haynes and RatDog keyboard ace Jeff Chimenti (both veterans of the 2004 Dead "Wave That Flag" tour). The mood of the band for this Spring Fling is way up, so it’s sure to be a great tour!
The Dead To Tour in 2009 (http://www.dead.net/dead09)

Gil :cool:

R.B. Huckleberry
January 17th, 2009, 08:23 AM
That's a good way to start the day. Thanks for posting that!

Kazz
January 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks are 2 of my favorites....Dickey Betts is my favorite guitarists Father In Law (check that out for some trivia) LMAO.

Old Friend is my favorite song with the new ABB lineup...never seen them play...but may consider buying or downloading a dvd to check it out.

peachhead
January 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Aaaaaaaaah. Thanks, I needed that. :)

carvedtop
January 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
As a bassist, I am most comfortable playing with fingers. Now that I'm playing and composing on the guitar, I've really struggled with holding a pick. I swear I just can't do it. Even a thin pick feels really foreign, and I always feel lost without the direct contact to the strings.

then I watched Crossroads with Derek Trucks and Jeff Beck playing with their fingers, and I was blown away! Now I'm much more optimistic that I can play this thing with 6 strings.