PDA

View Full Version : Muffins

Spudman
January 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
The backer for this is in the backing track forum under Lively 145

Muffins (http://www.box.net/shared/slrlexyscs)

Robert
January 15th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Great playing, Potato! Nice tone! What gear did you use?

:dude:

sunvalleylaw
January 15th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Potato muffins, eh!? Sounds great as always! Very ballsy muffins, those! I want to add some of your "smooth" movement and phrasing this year. :AOK: :AOK:

Spudman
January 16th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I want to add some of your "smooth" movement and phrasing this year. :AOK: :AOK:

Then you'll have to have the bran muffins.:D

Roberto
I know I used the Vamp Pro but I can't remember what guitar. Probably the Squire HH satin.

Jimi75
January 16th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Great track Spud! You leave enough space in between the licks so the song starts breathing. Very refreshing take. Some of the licks in the beginning sound as if they were finger picked. Could this be? If not, you really found a sweet attacking spot with your pick. The V-Amph does a great job, but sure the biggest part of your sound is your smooth approach and your fantastic phrasing!

M29
January 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Sweet Spud as always! Very tasty and great tone. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Spudman
January 16th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Great track Spud! You leave enough space in between the licks so the song starts breathing.

Thanks Jimi. That's very kind of you to say.

It really is the ticket isn't it? I try to think like I'm conversing with someone when I solo. If I was talking with someone I wouldn't use run on sentences and never take a breath would I? I would be telling a story and that should be interesting and take you places. Even if it's a simple kids story. Space really makes the difference.

Steve206
January 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Spud,,

Now I know how to explain the gaps where I have no idea of what note to play.

Seriously, nice to hear so many ideas.

Steve

luvmyshiner
January 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Wow Spud. Something tells me if I keep this up I'm going to be up all night telling people how great they are. You are scary dude!

I'm just going to sneak off to a corner now and play a little Robert Earl Keen and drink a little whiskey if that's alright with everyone.:thwap:

SuperSwede
January 17th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Excellent sounds and playing, you are surely the master of all things growing in the Idaho dirt :D

Spudman
January 17th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Excellent sounds and playing, you are surely the master of all things growing in the Idaho dirt :D

Tack själv mycket :beer:

SuperSwede
January 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Tack själv mycket :beer:

Ehrm... ok ;)

Skicka mig din roadstar II

piebaldpython
January 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
:master: :master: :master: Geez, just some fabulous playing Spud. What a talent you are. I really liked how you did a lot of slides throughout the tune. You definitely have your OWN voice.

Spudman
January 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Det kunde ha varit din. För dåligan måste du att stjäla min åska och att göra announcmenten dig. :D

Thanks Pie.

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Det kunde ha varit din. För dåligan måste du att stjäla min åska och att göra announcmenten dig. :D

Thanks Pie.

Din svenska är mycket dålig.
Skicka gitarren så kan jag skicka ett svenskt engelskt lexikon till dig :rotflmao:

marnold
January 18th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti . . .

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM
You should wear moosehair underwear at all times to avoid getting bitten by mooses.

mrmudcat
January 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Tasty!

Spudman
January 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Din svenska är mycket dålig.
Skicka gitarren så kan jag skicka ett svenskt engelskt lexikon till dig :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: It's the translator. No exchange will happen.:pancake:

oldguy
January 18th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, this train has went wayyyyy off track here............................
nice playing to the backer, Spudman......................even the spaces sounded nice.;)

Spudman
January 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM
nice playing to the backer, Spudman......................even the spaces sounded nice.;)

Thanks. I added a ton of compression and some other stuff to all the spaces just to get them louder in the mix.

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: It's the translator. No exchange will happen.:pancake:
:D :beer: