PDA

View Full Version : Had To Say Goodbye...

Bloozcat
January 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM
...to our little kitty Pookie after 15 years.

She has been growing more and more frail over the last few weeks, and after several "accidents" on the carpet around the house, she reached the point where she no longer had control of her bladder. After two "accidents" on our bed this week, it was time to face the inevitable.

Although she was "our" cat, she was always more mine than my wife's, so it's a little harder for me than my wife. As my wife would say, Pookie was only affectionate to her whenever I wasn't around. We'll both miss her, but she and I had that special bond.

Robert
January 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Oh, sorry to hear. We had to let go of our little Bichon Frisee a while back and it was hard too.

duhvoodooman
January 16th, 2009, 09:46 AM
My condolences, BC.

luvmyshiner
January 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Looks like it's going to be a tough year for pets on the fret. I'm sorry to hear that BC. Hang in there brother.

Katastrophe
January 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM
My condolences, Blooz. Losing a pet is just like losing a family member in my book.

bigoldron
January 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear that, Blooz. My condolences.

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I extend my condolences. We have a cat that we have had since about '93, and she can drive me crazy, but I will miss her when she is gone.

Bloozcat
January 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Thank you everyone...

Yeah, it'll be strange not having her there to greet me when I get home tonight. And when I unpack my new guitar tonight she won't be there crawling into the case and napping while I play as she liked to do.

I can't even imagine how parents deal with the loss of a child. Losing a pet is hard enough....:cry:

warren0728
January 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
sorry for you loss bloozcat....mojo sent....

thearabianmage
January 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Mate, I lost my little buddy the day after Halloween (weird as he was an all-black cat. He had a heart attack at age 11) so I can sympathize.

It's hard, and they can never be replaced, as they are like family members (Wallace was a little brother to me) but it was probably the best thing to have Pookie put down then let her suffer and die a slower, natural death.

My condolences go out to you.

piebaldpython
January 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
My condolences to ya Blooz. The BEST thing about pets is that when you walk in the door (no matter how crappy a day you had), they are just SO happy to see you. Like YOU are all that and a bag of chips to boot. :D Their failures during the day (still can't catch that bird/deer/mailman, etc) don't matter, they only want to see you/play with you. AND that's what makes them SPECIAL. :)

Jimi75
January 16th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear that! My condolences.

Blaze
January 16th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I have had all type of pets and always end up feeling that they have a surprising intelligence and a soul to which we connect with tenderness and love. We have a female dwarf poodle, Fanie, oh man , I'm in love ..

I sympathize and m sending you all my condolences..

Blaze

Childbride
January 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM
BC...

you have my deepest heartfelt sympathy and condolences...

i am so very sorry for your loss...

k

street music
January 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Blooz, sorry to hear about kitty.
My cat doesn't know the word ,kitty, I wonder what I'll do if I loose him because I know it will happen.

evenkeel
January 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Sorry for the loss. 15 years is a pretty good run.

just strum
January 16th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Blooz,

Pets are such a treat to have around. I've seen people that were anti-pet, anti-cat, anti-dog some how have a change of heart after one wins their affection. I myself was anti-cat and anti-small dog, and now I have both.

It is amazing how much we miss them when they are gone.

ted s
January 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Sorry Blooz, animals are great, some people could learn a lot from them.
I had a cat that made it to 21, rarely heard of I know. We have 2 right now, my buddy Rufas is 16 and still a lunatic but he is getting a little unsteady on his feet sometimes.
Pookster would be happy for you to eventually adopt another.

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry for your loss my blooz brother:(

M29
January 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Blooz, prayers and mojo southbound to you. They are such a big part of our lives.

M29

Bloozcat
January 20th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks again to everyone...

My wife insists, "no more pets"...but that's what she said when Pookie's predecessor, Gizmo died. She'll eventually relent, especially if I apply some subtle low key pressure.

Right now though, it's too early. You can't simply replace one with another, that takes time. But, sooner or later some little fur ball will come along who needs a home...and despite the big talk, my wife will give in...:)

piebaldpython
January 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
We have a friend, whose wife was devastated when their first dog died. So, they got another dog and as this one has gotten up in years, instead of waiting for this one to die; they went and got a pup before the old one died. Worked out really well too, once the old guy died.
Plus, the old dog kind of took the pup under his wing, showed him the ropes and what he should and shouldn't do. Our friend said that "training" the pup was infinitely easier with the old dog around to show him the way.