PDA

View Full Version : Gigging with Jaron again

Robert
January 16th, 2009, 06:11 PM
My old pal Jaron Rovensky is back in town. We are doing a few gigs this spring, first on next weekend at Boston Pizza in Camrose.

Check out his website for some audio samples.
http://www.jaronrovensky.com/

I play on the Live album.

Jimi75
January 21st, 2009, 03:14 AM
I have listened to the Live In Camrose clips and it sounds great Robert.
With such a professional partner by your side you will jump on to new trains in 2009! Very cool. Lokking forward to hear recorded stuff and seeing pictures.

Robert
January 21st, 2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks Jimi!

tot_Ou_tard
January 21st, 2009, 07:43 AM
Nice boogie-woogie/Johnny-Be-Good version of Stagger Lee.

Robert
January 25th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Last night's gig was a lot of fun. We played and played for a long time. Just a big jam, really. Both the Suhr and MK sounded great. I have a couple of pics I can post too.

But the problem is - it was loud and I think my ears are shot for a while. I can't hear what the kids saying this morning. All I hear is constant noise in my head. That hearing aid is getting closer to being purchased. I should have used earplugs last night, but do you think I thought of that ahead of time? Uh, of course not.

street music
January 25th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Robert , I rea;;y like Jarod's stuff, I take it he only performs north of the border?

Robert
January 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Robert , I rea;;y like Jarod's stuff, I take it he only performs north of the border?

Contact him through his website, you never know where he might go... ;)

Robert
January 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Didn't get very good photos. It seems I was looking at my pedal board every time my friend took a photo. He actually recorded some video too - but it's only 4 seconds long! :eek: Oh well, next time.

Photos here (http://picasaweb.google.com/DolphinstreetGuitar/BostonPizzaCamroseJanuary2009?pli=1&gsessionid=e3ZXxocjxeSZ4YYARUjhpQ#) on Picasaweb.

Spudman
January 25th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I should have used earplugs last night, but do you think I thought of that ahead of time? Uh, of course not.

Always keep some in all your cases or gig bags if you just use the foam plugs. You can always pull some out if you have them but if there aren't any around then...tinnitus baby. Tinnitus is not a fun thing. I have it constantly and it can be very annoying and unsettling. If you need some foam plus PM me and I'll mail you a bunch.