PDA

View Full Version : Cover Tune

Steve206
January 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.box.net/shared/hcejas9tte

I have been liking this tune ever since I first heard it. A long time ago. Figured it would be one of the thousands that I would never learn to play. Thanks to a couple of pals on the forum, I learned about the tab sites and how to work them.

After spending all those living room years, attempting to play the things I liked and ending up failing, I finally have had some moderate success. Open tunings, a capo and asking a couple of questions, have made a world of difference for me.

Anyway, Canadian songwriter, Bruce Cockburn and my favorite song of his.

Starting to branch out a little with the Zoom recorder, trial and error. Washburn J28, then a little Wash 12 string, then some Martin 016-NY. Three vocals.

Pretty much one or two takes and I am including the warts at no extra charge.

Hope you like it,,

Steve

luvmyshiner
January 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Very sweet Steve.:bravo: I like the multiple vocal tracks, and the guitar strumming/picking. Also, the fade out at the end was sweet. I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm working on it.

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
nice job!!:beer:

Spudman
January 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Charming. Very nice job. This is a cool sounding tune. You recording has a real intimate sound to it. I like it.:)

street music
January 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Nice Steve

Blaze
January 17th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Good Stuff Steve , i went 5 times to Cockburn shows in the early 80 s .

Some guitar player and excellent composer too ..

Nice :bravo:

oldguy
January 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Nice one, Steve!:AOK:
You make it sound easy.........glad you asked the questions, got a capo and found the open tuning. It would've been sad if we missed out on this.......
Thanks for the listen, good job!

evenkeel
January 20th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Late to the party :thwap: but better late than never.

Very, very nice. :AOK: :bravo:

Well played, well sung and the recording has a nice warm, up close and personal feel. :beer: