PDA

View Full Version : Tophat

joek86
November 1st, 2005, 06:39 PM
Hey, any of you guy's play a Tophat Club Royale?

Robert
November 1st, 2005, 08:24 PM
I played one briefly in a music store. Nice amp from what I remember, but I like the Dr Z amps better personally.

Robert
November 2nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Hey Joek86, did you buy a Top Hat Club Royale? That name reminds me of that Tarantino movie, Pulp Fiction. "Quarter Pounder Royale" ...

joek86
November 6th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Yes, I did get the Royale, it's being shipped tomorrow and should be in my hands on Wed! I will report after I spend some time playing!

JK

joek86
November 12th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I know that you guy's have heard this before, but I am blown away! Big, Fat and CRUNCHY..... Harmonics are incredible! Notes have seperation and definition and a Jangly clarity in clean and semi clean modes. No need for pedals, if you really need over the top gain, a booster such as my Xotic RC is awesome. Also, it is freaking loud for 20 watts! I don't know if it's the new deeper cab, but this thing sounds huge.

I can't wait to get it broken in,and also explore the controls...

Robert
November 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Congrats on the Top Hat! They are certainly nice amps. That RC Booster seems like a great pedal, I have heard a lot about it.

Tell us more about the amp as you get more used to it! Maybe you could post some clips when you get a chance?