PDA

View Full Version : New Job!

Katastrophe
January 17th, 2009, 08:42 PM
And now, I am employed. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Just got the call a few minutes ago, and I am stoked!

I'll be working route sales for a national food home delivery service. 2009 is definitely looking up for the Katastrophe family. It will entail a move to Southeast Texas, but I've got family there, and it's cheaper to live in that area, compared to where we're at now.

Anyone wanna buy a house?

Rocket
January 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Shiner country?
Congrats.

street music
January 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Congrats to you KAT, hope all goes well.

marnold
January 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Great news, Kat! Now you can buy me one of those new Lynch guitars :)

ted s
January 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Cograts Kat ! Good on'ya !

Childbride
January 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Shiner country?
Congrats.

he said se country. may be in gram's neck of the woods, but not ours.

[whoops:/edit:/ CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB!!!]

sunvalleylaw
January 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats on the new job!

warren0728
January 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
excellent news! :bravo: :pancake: :beer:

peachhead
January 17th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the new job!
Good mojo coming your way for the move. Best of luck!

piebaldpython
January 18th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Congrats!! :bravo: :bravo:

luvmyshiner
January 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Great news Kat! Congrats.:beer:

bigoldron
January 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Great news, Katt! Glad to hear it. Good luck with the job and the move!

just strum
January 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Kat, boy that is great news. It's good to hear people here finding jobs and moving on to new jobs. It appears 2009 is being good to people here.

So as we find jobs and go to our new jobs, Rocket is still trying to figure out what all the excitement is about. work???

tjcurtin1
January 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Yay, Katt! Glad to hear some good economic news these day! Best luck with the move.

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats Kat!

warren0728
January 18th, 2009, 10:45 AM
It appears 2009 is being good to people here.

i hope so....as a sole proprietor i'm somewhat nervous....

just strum
January 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM
i hope so....as a sole proprietor i'm somewhat nervous....

Well, you sent me mojo during my interview process, and I return a dose back to you.

aeolian
January 18th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Kat, that is good news.

thearabianmage
January 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Muy bien! Est mucho grande! Good luck with the move as well!

oldguy
January 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Wonderful news, Kat, best of luck to you in your new job. :bravo: :bravo:
Here's hoping '09 is good to everyone here in Fretter country.

Ch0jin
January 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Congrats Kat, glad to hear it!!

I'm hoping these predictions posted here for a great '09 come true, because I just got news kinda the exact opposite of yours, so as Old Guy said "Here's Hoping" :)

Katastrophe
January 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks, all!

Rocket, we're moving to a smallish (50-60,000 population) town about 40 miles north of Houston called Conroe, or one of the small towns in between Conroe and Houston. Sadly, we'll be moving farther away from our nekked tractor driving, Washburn-in-the-nose, Shiner drinkin', woodworkin', amph buildin' friend and his child bride. (I just realized that Shiner has turned into quite the Renaissance man since joining the forum. That's cool!)

CB, is that close to your Gram?

Mrs. Kat has already been promised a job transfer to the area. All we have to do now is clean up and sell the house, which is well underway.

Luckily, rent on a new home in the area is much cheaper than it would be here, and there are plenty of places to choose from.

Ch0jin, I'm sorry to hear of your news. I hope that you land a new job soon, and that it pays more! I had to switch fields (again) to land this one.

evenkeel
January 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Congrats!

Hope the new gig and the move go well. :bravo:

bigoldron
January 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Congrats Kat, glad to hear it!!

I'm hoping these predictions posted here for a great '09 come true, because I just got news kinda the exact opposite of yours, so as Old Guy said "Here's Hoping" :)

Sorry to hear that Ch0in! We recently (about 3 months ago) had a carpet backing company close, which put about 250 out of work, a large portion of whom lived here and drove the 20 miles to work. And, just last week, Georgia Pacific announced that it's (permanently) shutting down part of our local paper mill and putting about 20% of it's workforce out of a job. We're a small town (3,500) and it definitely hurts.

Good luck to you! Mojo is being sent!

warren0728
January 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
mojo sent....

Childbride
January 20th, 2009, 06:16 PM
CB, is that close to your Gram?

nuh unh. she's sw of you. to not exactly broadcast her addy online, she's east of s.a. on interstate 10.

or, another way... i go s on I35 to san marcos, then cut left on 123 to get to her house. ;)

Katastrophe
January 20th, 2009, 07:16 PM
nuh unh. she's sw of you. to not exactly broadcast her addy online, she's east of s.a. on interstate 10.

or, another way... i go s on I35 to san marcos, then cut left on 123 to get to her house. ;)

...and you pass within about 12 miles of my current home when you go that way. I have some close friends that just moved to s.a., and go hunting in Hondo often.

Ch0jin
January 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Ch0jin, I'm sorry to hear of your news. I hope that you land a new job soon, and that it pays more! I had to switch fields (again) to land this one.

Thanks Kat and everyone else, I don't want to hijack the thread and take away from Kats great news so I'll tell the story elsewhere. I got a couple of months watching ppl close the place down on full pay so I got plenty of time to get back into over-posting on here ;)

Katastrophe
February 15th, 2009, 07:04 AM
It's been a few weeks now, and I thought I'd give a little update.

The new job is going well. I'm working on my own now, and doing okay. The hours are long (12 hours a day, five days a week), but the work itself is reasonable, and not too physically demanding. I am on the move the whole day, and that's been good. I'm starting to take off a little weight. My supervisor is really good and is easy to work with.

We've found a house to rent, which is bigger than our current home, for slightly less money. We'll be moved in by the end of the month.

So, things are looking up. Once we move in, everything will settle down and get back to normal. I've got a few goals in mind for the Katastrophe Family Recovery of 2009, and I'll post about them in another thread later, if anyone's interested.

just strum
February 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Sounds great Kat. Keep the posts coming and tell us more about Katastrophe Family Recovery --- we will lobby for you to get it through the Congress and the Senate.