PDA

View Full Version : do ya ever just...

Childbride
January 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
weekends are really my primo playing time.

starting around 1 or 2, i play off and on all day, if i don't have to work.

start with my muscle memory exercises, my scales, my lesson, noodle around on some of my old songs... now working on trills last [oooohhh my pinkie is a weenie but it's getting stronger]

but before we go to bed, i get into the guitar room, with the asat plugged into the firefly, and just try to hear. and see what sounds good. play around with the pedals, make my own music.

i started this journey a couple of years ago, and it just keeps getting more interesting. [shiner's playing sugar behind me as we speak... :) ]

Katastrophe
January 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM
That's cool! Keep Shiner on those electrics. We'll get him to come over completely to the darkside eventually...(rubs hands together) mwahahahahahah!

For me, weekends are usually a blur, focused on chasing kids... Not much playing time to be had there, unless it's late at night, after Mrs. Kat has gone to bed.

Spudman
January 17th, 2009, 10:13 PM
but before we go to bed, i get into the guitar room, with the asat plugged into the firefly, and just try to hear. and see what sounds good. play around with the pedals, make my own music.

i started this journey a couple of years ago, and it just keeps getting more interesting. [shiner's playing sugar behind me as we speak... :) ]

New part of the journey: playing clothed or unclothed?

See this is the part that separates the real players from the not-so-serious. When you achieve this part then you have gone beyond journeyman (er, person).;) :D

Childbride
January 17th, 2009, 10:16 PM
That's cool! Keep Shiner on those electrics. We'll get him to come over completely to the darkside eventually...(rubs hands together) mwahahahahahah!

[tee hee] he is sooooo acoustically oriented, Kat, that is a challenge. but he kinda digs the pedals i got at xmas, methinkest. he's planning on building a pedal board for me. mebbe he will get hooked in the process. ;)

i keep guitars staged in every room we 'hang' in... so no matter what i'm doing during the day i can stop for fifteen minutes and play.

Childbride
January 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM

See this is the part that separates the real players from the not-so-serious. When you achieve this part then you have gone beyond journeyman (er, person).;) :D

neighbors way too close to get that real with the music, dude. :D

wingsdad
January 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
...i started this journey a couple of years ago, and it just keeps getting more interesting. [shiner's playing sugar behind me as we speak... :) ]
:)

Kazz
January 18th, 2009, 05:50 AM

CB maybe....Shiner...no friggen way....I do not want to think about Shiner nekkid.

I can see Shiner making CB a pedal board....and it becoming a thing of beauty. That man has some serious wood working skills. Makes me wonder how he ever became a lawyer. Being a skilled wood worker is one thing....but then being a good lawyer on top of that.....rare is it that one has 2 great talents.....yet Shiner has at least 3 including the guitar.