PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Johnboy!

johnboymartin
January 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Howdy!

It's great to be on board the Fret Net!

Thank you for providing a place of freedom and dream expressions for ordinary musically inclined individuals. I am a preacher's kid from Ohio, living in Indiana. (how unfortunate, I know)

It feels like Canada down here! I am so excited to share my songs with you guys. Can anyone tell me where I may be able to post a tune, preferably somewhere everyone else does on this site?

more later...

blessings,

Johnboy

sunvalleylaw
January 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi JBM! Most of of post tunes in the Members Clips section of the home recording and soundclips forum which you can find on the index page. We love hearing member clips here. Glad you joined us and way to hop right in!

Robert
January 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hi Johnboy, glad to have you here!

It feels like Canada where I am too.

evenkeel
January 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the gang!! :bravo:

Johnboymartin???? Could it be, another acoustic guy??? :D

Spudman
January 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hey, it feels like Canada here too. Ay.

Welcome and...say goodnight johnboy.:D

carvedtop
January 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Welcome aboard!
What do you play?
And What part of Indiana are you in? I did a bunch of work out there last year, in Greensburg. Lottttttts of corn fields. :D

CT

oldguy
January 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome to TheFret, Johnboy!:)

warren0728
January 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
welcome to the fret johnboy....good group of folks here....enjoy.... :pancake:

mrmudcat
January 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome!

Gil Janus
January 20th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Welcome aboard TheFret. Yes it does feel like Canada here sometimes - we even have CBC Montreal on the cable as a local on air station :AOK:

Gil :cool:

tjcurtin1
January 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the gathering!

F_BSurfer
January 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
welcome

Brian Krashpad
January 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome!

Heck I'm in FLORIDA and it feels like Canada!

Well, not quite but still darn cold.

tot_Ou_tard
January 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the gathering! Makes us sound like a cult Ted. ;)

Welcome to the cult Johnboy.

Everyone must have GAS.

markb
January 21st, 2009, 11:57 PM
Hi, Johnboy!

johnboymartin
January 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Hi Guys!

I love everyone's enthusiasm!

I live on a golf course in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It's the north, and I mean Northeastern part of Indiana. We get those nice Canadian winds, and the lake effect snow. It's not quite as chilly or snowy as when I lived in Cleveland, and I must say Columbus, Ohio was a bit warmer! It's home, and I love having the course as my backyard!

I am a rediscovered writer. I never put my guitfiddle down, but I have recommited to writing over the last two years, after an 18 year stint with no writing. It is so much fun, I can't believe I didn't move to Nashville 20 years ago. Oh yeh, I forgot, I met a wonderful girl named Melissa!

I love playing my Tak EF341DLX, and TakEF381SC 12 string... I used the acoustic to record the basic tracks on the first 10 songs I put into full production. However, I am currently writing with my Reverend WarhawkIIHB (I really like the neck) and my Fernandes Retrorocekt pro.. I own a beautiful new blonde Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but I really haven't got past recording electric from my Podxt live. Wow, is it fun to flop on the headphones on the Pod and get high from the sounds or what?... Its better than having babies! I said having, not making.That could be a tossup!

I will try to figure out how to host and post something for you guys to listen to. The band is myself and my producer Larry Pester. He is nothing short of amazing. Me, I can write a little, sing a little, and pluck a note or two.

Blessings, and Goodnight!

Johnboy

tot_Ou_tard
January 24th, 2009, 06:50 AM
We'd definitely love to hear those clips Johnboy.