PDA

View Full Version : Bridgecraft guitars

tremoloman
July 9th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have any information on Bridgecraft guitars?

I stumbled upon an eBay store called The Frett Shop Discount Guitars (http://stores.ebay.com/X-The-Frett-Shop-Discount-Guitars-X_Electric-Guitars_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm) who sells cool looking Strat copies for as low as $55 with shipping! The color choices include choices generally restricted to only high-end models such as transparent green, metallic blue, shell pink, etc. I'm very tempted to try one since they are so freakin' cheap!

One thing I’d like to note is that this is one of those sellers who uses what I call the “give away” selling method. That is, they sell their items for practically nothing so that if you are dissatisfied all they are required to refund you is the cost of the item, allowing them to keep the cost of shipping which is obviously way above its real cost. The seller may just be doing this to save people from wasting his time complaining about petty problems on such a low costing instrument, but I’ve been burned by a seller who did this to me a couple of years ago so I thought I’d mention it. I’m by no way saying this seller is dishonest – his eBay ranking is very good but I have to mention this since some of you may not be aware of this approach.

Still... for $50-$60 I think I’d be willing to take the risk. For the price of a cheap pedal you could get a really cool axe or part it out for the body alone!

-tremoloman

P.S. Louie's Juke Joint (http://www.thejukejoint.com/lowbugu.html) has some up-close pics you can check out. The finish quality on the headstock doesn't appear to be as good as my SX, but the bodies look amazing. The few reviews on Harmony Central stated the pickups, tuners, and bodies are of very good quality.

Robert
July 9th, 2006, 01:40 PM
That is insane. How is it possible to make guitars that cheap?

tremoloman
July 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I know China has cheap labor rates, but you wonder how they can make a profit at such a low cost. High volume & low cost has always been a winner in the industrialized world.

I'm SO tempted to try one... I just want to wait and see if any of our members have any experiences with them before I take the plunge.

warren0728
July 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM
for that price if you hated it you could give it to a needy kid and make them happy...

ww

Katastrophe
July 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I've seen 'em on the 'bay for a while, but have no experience with them. Still, if it is real wood they use on the things it could always be a beater, 'round the house guitar, or a test bed for new pups.

I wouldn't think there would be any kind of quality control on these things at all, though...

tremoloman
July 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I'm waiting to hear back from the seller on a question about colors. Once I get his response I'll place my order and fill you all in on them.

Tim
July 10th, 2006, 04:57 AM
My Jay Turser was about $100.00. The quality is not the best. The frets are not level and most of the pick guard screws where stripped. I have no idea what type of wood was used for the body. Lesson learned ... you get what you pay for. In today’s world quality costs.

tremoloman
July 10th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Tim,

"You get what you pay for" is true most of the time, but I'm telling ya the SX SST57 that I received shatters that notion. I'd take 4 SX's vs. 1 MIM Strat anyday if they are all as nice as the one I received.

I just ordered the Pink model, so I'll do a review and post some pics once it comes in. The seller said this is light pink, so I'm hoping it's close to my main Strat. It would be cool to have a backup that's the same color as my #1.

miamifem
July 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Tim,

"You get what you pay for" is true most of the time, but I'm telling ya the SX SST57 that I received shatters that notion. I'd take 4 SX's vs. 1 MIM Strat anyday if they are all as nice as the one I received.

I just ordered the Pink model, so I'll do a review and post some pics once it comes in. The seller said this is light pink, so I'm hoping it's close to my main Strat. It would be cool to have a backup that's the same color as my #1.

So, where's the review? Was it worth it?

warren0728
July 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
i just read the description....says it has a 5-way distortion switch! :rotflmao:

ww

SuperSwede
July 11th, 2008, 01:23 AM
I know China has cheap labor rates, but you wonder how they can make a profit at such a low cost..

http://www.china-labour.org.hk/en/node/15889

tjcurtin1
July 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
http://www.china-labour.org.hk/en/node/15889

Thanks, SS - I guess that's how they can do it....

tjcurtin1
July 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Hey, Trem - good to hear from you! What have you been up to?

TJC

Squireman131
July 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I actually have some input on this subject my first bass was a bridgecraft. Its not a horrible thing. I got it off the bay for 60 bucks and it took two years for it to stop working.something was wrong with the wiring and i just finally got around to fixing it a couple months ago.