PDA

View Full Version : Seymor Duncan Custom 5

F_BSurfer
January 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yesterday I re-tubed biased and clean pots on friends amp and exchange he gave me this pickup. Thinking about putting it into my recently acquired Epi Lp I think I have seen someone also uses this pickup just seeking out thoughts on it. Also have a 59 that will put in the neck to match the black and creme.. neck pickup in the Epi is chrome I do like it though also like the 59 just going for match. The bridge in the Epi is horrible so it needs replaced.

mrmudcat
January 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Yea that will match up nice ....59 pretty much is all ya need for the neck pup!! That pup will go with almost any S.D. bridge pup:beer:

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yesterday I re-tubed biased and clean pots on friends amp and exchange he gave me this pickup. Thinking about putting it into my recently acquired Epi Lp I think I have seen someone also uses this pickup just seeking out thoughts on it. Also have a 59 that will put in the neck to match the black and creme.. neck pickup in the Epi is chrome I do like it though also like the 59 just going for match. The bridge in the Epi is horrible so it needs replaced.
Custom 5 at the bridge and '59 at the neck is exactly the combo I have in my Epi Elitist LP Standard. Love it! :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

F_BSurfer
January 21st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Custom 5 at the bridge and '59 at the neck is exactly the combo I have in my Epi Elitist LP Standard. Love it! :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

Did you split the coils on your custom 5

mrmudcat
January 21st, 2009, 08:16 PM
The one showing dosent appear to have the pigtail ( yours appears to have 2 wire instead of 4 wire lead)

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2009, 09:16 PM
Did you split the coils on your custom 5
Yes. I have three of the pots on my LP set up with push-pull switches. One for the bridge coil split, one for phase switch, and one to put the two pickups in series ("megabucker").