PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new guy here!!!

blingdogg
January 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hey everyone,

I just registered a few days ago. I check out a lot of guitar forums, and love reading about, and of course playing, guitars. I've lurked these forums but never signed, then decided, why not?!

I'm 24 years old, live in Edmonton, Canada. I've been playing since I was about 20 years old. I play blues-rock, classic rock, blues, and garage-rock. Right now I own 6 guitars:

Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender MIM Standard Tele
Ibanez Jet King 4
Ibanez GAX-75
Squier Bullet

And my favorite guitarists/bands are: Hendrix (because of him, I learned to play the guitar!), Jimmy Page and Zeppelin, Clapton, the Black Keys, White Stripes, and the Dirtbombs.

So........hello everyone! :rockon:

tot_Ou_tard
January 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
You'll fit in fine & sorry to hear about your dogg. ;)

warren0728
January 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
welcome bd....there are several canadian fretters here....what type of amps do you have.... :pancake:

blingdogg
January 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
Since I live in a quiet apartment building, I don't have the ability to use any real good amps :( It really sucks, but I don't have a choice. I do have a Peavey Valveking Royal 8, 5W tube amp, that I can play quietly, but I hate playing quietly...

So these days I use software amp modellers like Amplitube 2 with headphones. It's not like the real thing, and I really, really, really miss playing with real amps. But I'm satisfied with the quality I get with Amplitube 2.

Robert
January 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
Dooood! I'm just an hour away, in Camrose! We should hook some time and jam and take photos. We LOVE fretter meetups, ya know: :dude:

So you hang out much at Avenue Guitars, Axe, Mother's, RKM Music, etc? RKM has some great stuff (Suhr, Deusenberg, Blade, Glasstone, Bad Cat, etc).

Hey, why dontcha come down to Camrose this Saturday night? I have a gig at Boston Pizza here in town. Should be loud and fun!

evenkeel
January 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the gang. :bravo: :beer:

Spudman
January 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Hi and welcome.:wave:

warren0728
January 21st, 2009, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the gang. :bravo: :beer:
we're not a gang....we're a club.... :rotflmao:

mrmudcat
January 21st, 2009, 04:32 PM
WELCOME!:rockon:

Brian Krashpad
January 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
we're not a gang....we're a club.... :rotflmao:

Actually, we're a gang WITH clubs!

http://www.philipkaufman.com/pics/TheWanderers.jpg

Welcome anyhow!

marnold
January 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM
*singing* When you're a Fret, you're a Fret all the way.

luvmyshiner
January 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome aboard Dogg.

peachhead
January 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
'Sup, Dogg! and welcome!

tot_Ou_tard
January 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Really we are a cult with axes.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/421793641_470d30ed6d.jpg

The Hello Kitty ones are Krashpad's.

sunvalleylaw
January 21st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Welcome Blingdogg! Nice set of guitars you have there. Glad you joined us!

Brian Krashpad
January 22nd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Really we are a cult with axes.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/421793641_470d30ed6d.jpg

Those aren't Hello Kitties, they're Daisy Rocks. The original bassiste in Crash Pad had one of those heart-shaped ones in bass.

I don't have a Hello Kitty guitar, although I'm not necessarily averse to it. I do have a Daisy Rock, and it's a lovely shade of Pepto-Bismol Pink, thank you very much.

http://a802.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/m_d081eceb0aa5f37cd52da9c089133951.jpg

:tongue:

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled programming.

Jimi75
January 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM

http://www.philipkaufman.com/pics/TheWanderers.jpg

Welcome anyhow!

One of my favourite all time movies!

Jimi75
January 22nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome to the FRET, you will like this place!

J75

Gil Janus
January 22nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
Welcome aboard TheFret. A very nice group of folks are here to assist you in growing as a player and their help in spending your hard earned bucks on new (or used) gear is second to none - we are a GAS powered site :AOK:

Gil :cool:

oldguy
January 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Welcome to TheFret! :)

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Those aren't Hello Kitties, they're Daisy Rocks.
http://a802.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/m_d081eceb0aa5f37cd52da9c089133951.jpg
Please explain the difference. ;)

Brian Krashpad
January 23rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Please explain the difference. ;)

Hello Kitty = Squier/Fender

Daisy Rock = Schecter

tot_Ou_tard
January 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hello Kitty = Squier/Fender

Daisy Rock = Schecter

Yes, but both are pink. ;)

Gil Janus
January 25th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Yes, but both are pink. ;)
But, you can get the Kitty in Black !

tot_Ou_tard
January 25th, 2009, 06:31 AM

But the Daisy Rock comes in a butterfly

http://www.merrylandsmusic.com.au/images/daisy%20rock%20butterfly.jpg

Brian Krashpad
January 25th, 2009, 07:12 AM

Haha, you can get lots of different Daisy Rocks in lots of different colors. including black:

http://www.daisyrock.com/images/products2008/signature/bangles_black_pop.jpg

Robert
November 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hey blingy, did you know we have another Edmontonian on the Fret? We should hook up some time all 3 of us, eh?!

Eric
November 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM

+1

Welcome, by the way.

birv2
November 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the Fret, Blingdogg! Nice set of guitars you have, but.... you know that's just the start. Time for pedal fever!

You'll find this a friendly and welcoming place where everyone knows your name and is happy to help you spend your dough.

Brian Krashpad
November 18th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Wow, Robert: thread archaeologist!

And though I hate to disappoint everyone, I sold the pink Daisy Rock months ago, after I bought a white 12-string version:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3322/3447427971_d16a35558e.jpg

The hot mini-HB's in the original have been replaced by Brownsville toaster singles.

duhvoodooman
November 18th, 2009, 09:41 AM
A belated welcome to The Fret, 'Dogg! Don't fall for that "meet up & jam" thing from Renman. It's a little known fact that he's the Albertan guitarist version of Jeffrey Dahmer, and you'll end up in 20 plastic bags in his freezer. :eek: Next thing we know, we'll be watching him doing some of his patented "bullsh*t noodling" on YouTube on your guitar....

Robert
November 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Dang, Vood, stop revealing the real me! ;)

zagatron1
November 18th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I just registered a few days ago. I check out a lot of guitar forums, and love reading about, and of course playing, guitars. I've lurked these forums but never signed, then decided, why not?!

I'm 24 years old, live in Edmonton, Canada. I've been playing since I was about 20 years old. I play blues-rock, classic rock, blues, and garage-rock. Right now I own 6 guitars:

Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender MIM Standard Tele
Ibanez Jet King 4
Ibanez GAX-75
Squier Bullet

And my favorite guitarists/bands are: Hendrix (because of him, I learned to play the guitar!), Jimmy Page and Zeppelin, Clapton, the Black Keys, White Stripes, and the Dirtbombs.

So........hello everyone! :rockon:

You're not alone! I'm brand new also. Just became "official" today, so I'll start by saying hello to all! Glad to be amongst those in the know when it comes to guitars.

Rampant
November 19th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Greetings zagatron and welcome to the fret. How about saying hi in your own new post?

Cheerz

Mark H

zagatron1
November 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hello all. Another new guy in the house. I'm on the east coast (Washington, DC area to be exact). I have mostly fender type guitars, 2 MIM strats, 1 MIM Tele, and 1 CIJ CV Tele. The exception is a PRS single cut soapbar. I only have an old DOD FX-65 stereo chorus pedal right now, but that's subject to change. In the amp dept. there's a Vox pathfinder 15R, Fender Frontman II 25R, an Epiphone Valve Senior, and a Carr Rambler. Good to know there's some folks knowledgeable to talk to, 'cause there ain't none in these parts down here.:AOK

Brian Krashpad
November 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hello all. Another new guy in the house. I'm on the east coast (Washington, DC area to be exact). I have mostly fender type guitars, 2 MIM strats, 1 MIM Tele, and 1 CIJ CV Tele. The exception is a PRS single cut soapbar. I only have an old DOD FX-65 stereo chorus pedal right now, but that's subject to change. In the amp dept. there's a Vox pathfinder 15R, Fender Frontman II 25R, an Epiphone Valve Senior, and a Carr Rambler. Good to know there's some folks knowledgeable to talk to, 'cause there ain't none in these parts down here.:AOK

Welcome Zag! You may wanna start a separate thread though. No biggie, that's how it's usually done, people won't realize this thread is welcoming 2 different people.

blingdogg
November 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Well hello again guys. I'm living in Edmonton now, but I'm actually preparing to move in January. I'm going to Montreal. Edmonton's nice, but I'm from Montreal and moved here 2 years ago, but things aren't working out, so I'll have to go back (and stay with my parents for a little while....not fun).

Robert, that invitation sounds good. When you're done with the twistedness, my only request is that you put my guitars to good use on your youtube demos! haha.

And welcome to you too, zagatron1!