PDA

View Full Version : My Tele pickups arrived!

Robert
July 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Got a Dimarzio Virtual T bridge and a Virtual T neck pickup in the mail today. I am eager to go home and get them installed!

Btw, I spent some time this weekend to give my Tele neck the good ol' Tru-Oil treatment! 4 layers of that stuff. I hope I like it when it's all said and done.

I'll be back with updates on the pickups, including video clips!

blogan
July 10th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Looking forward to the video and your opinion. :)

Katastrophe
July 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM
WOW, it's gonna be a whole new Tele! Congrats, Robert!

marnold
July 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I look forward to your "review" of them. I probably missed the thread where you talked about this, but what led you to try the Virtual Ts?

Robert
July 10th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I got them installed and WOW - I am very happy! Marnold, my research about noiseless pickups led me to DiMarzio. I had first heard many good things about the Virtual Vintage strat pickups, so when I found a good deal on the Virtual T's, I thought, let's try 'em and find out.

First impression is that both pickups are much better matched. My stock pickups were like, bridge pup = ice pick and neck pup = bass in the mud.

It's also weird in a positive way that don't hum - I'm so used to that annyoing hum that I'm assuming I haven't turned the volume up on the amp or the on the guitar!

The tones are sweet, very sweet! The neck pickup is turning me on the most initially, what a babe in tone! Wait and listen for my video clip some day soon!

SuperSwede
July 11th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Congrats, its going to be amazing when you play live! Im looking forward to your clips :)

tremoloman
July 11th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Alright Robert! Let's hear these puppies bark! :)

kerc
July 11th, 2006, 12:03 PM
This thread is useless without clips. ;)