PDA

View Full Version : Lost Our Way (back home)

333maxwell
January 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Here is a little alternative country ditty I just finished
if anyone is interested. It's kinda sappy but heartfelt
all the same. I know it isn't everyones cup of tea,
but I never really liked tea anyway.

Interested in any thoughts. On mix, words, music or guitar.

Lost Our Way (back home)
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7264505&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7264505&q=hi

Lost Our Way (back home)

Bettie Jean was the high school queen
now she has 3 kids one's turned 17
in her drawer is a tarnished ring
broken dream, doesn't mean a thing
there are times theres a teardrop in her eye
but she moves ahead and lets the teardrops dry

Danny boy was his mommas joy
now mommas gone and he's so withdrawn
He found a girl, but he was just her fling
broken dream doesnt mean a thing
He's never found some one on who he can rely
but he moves ahead as if to defy

la la la la
lost our way back home

a little girl in her restless world
looks up to the sky as she wonders why
her warm homes gone and the colds stinging
broken dreams don't mean anything
she told her daddy she would make it on her own
her friends all cheered her on, now she's all alone

la la la la
lost our way back home

FrankAxtell
January 23rd, 2009, 10:03 AM
That was a beautiful song....excellent!

333maxwell
January 23rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
That was a beautiful song....excellent!

Frank, as always you are very kind. Coming from you in particular I take that as a compliment I likely don't deserve, but it is good for the soul! :)

I do have to go in and re-do the vocals I think.. I used a small diaphram condenser because it was my most sensitive mic, but it also picks up the pops and ssss and drops frequencys I think the song is lacking in the vocal dept..

But man, I VERY much appreciate the props from you.. I consider it a high honor.

peace!

FrankAxtell
January 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Frank, as always you are very kind. Coming from you in particular I take that as a compliment I likely don't deserve, but it is good for the soul! :)

I do have to go in and re-do the vocals I think.. I used a small diaphram condenser because it was my most sensitive mic, but it also picks up the pops and ssss and drops frequencys I think the song is lacking in the vocal dept..

But man, I VERY much appreciate the props from you.. I consider it a high honor.

peace!
I'm just a guy like you trying to get my music out...i really appreciate the compliments but I don't let any of that go to my head...lol. I just keep moving ahead with this music addiction of mine. Fortunately I now have a wonderful management team behind me with a well thought out marketing plan, getting some of my music out on local indie and college radio, which is creating a buzz in my area of south Florida. This is essential before releasing a CD and putting together the live band. So I press on my friend. Thanks again Maxwell....and keep on putting out your high quality tunes for us all to enjoy.:bravo:

Katastrophe
January 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Great song. I liked it.

I dunno about redoing the vocals. They sound fine to me, except in my crappy computer speakers they sound like they were mixed in louder than the rest of the tracks, if I'm making any sense...

Once again, you've established a mood and held it through the song. Very nice!:AOK:

333maxwell
January 26th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Great song. I liked it.

I dunno about redoing the vocals. They sound fine to me, except in my crappy computer speakers they sound like they were mixed in louder than the rest of the tracks, if I'm making any sense...

Once again, you've established a mood and held it through the song. Very nice!:AOK:

It's not your speakers, the vocals indeed tend to stand out of the mix on some systems over others ever more so..

Appreciate the time and thoughts!

Robert
January 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
That sounds good. Well done!

oldguy
January 26th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Max, that was great. I check your tunes, as well as Frank's, when you post them. You are both wonderful musicians, and you both are unique in what you do.
Kudos to you both!:AOK: