PDA

View Full Version : Danelectro Daddy o - any good?

Mr Grumpy
January 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Im seeing a few if these going for a bargain price on ebay etc and was thinking of taking a blind punt on one to have an OD complement to my coolcat distortion/DS 1. ANy one offer an opinion?

Jimi75
January 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
I bought a Daddy-O in 1998. Too noisy! Sucks a lot of ground/bass. Go for something better.

markb
January 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Your Cool Cat distortion probably does the distortion thing better. The Daddy-o is a distortion with a fuzzy edge but not a good one. I'd go for a RAT with the LM308 chip or an MXR distortion+ if I wanted that kind of sound.

Mr Grumpy
January 24th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Hmm. I read some mixed reviews as well and hence there is now a Boss OD2 Turbo overdrive on its way from ebay. Hope to be messing with it soon

tunghaichuan
January 24th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hmm. I read some mixed reviews as well and hence there is now a Boss OD2 Turbo overdrive on its way from ebay. Hope to be messing with it soon

I like mine, it is one of my favorite OD pedals. Markb had some problems with his, the volume jumped when switching from the regular OD to the boosted OD. I checked mine again the other day, and it doesn't do that.

tung

markb
January 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I like mine, it is one of my favorite OD pedals. Markb had some problems with his, the volume jumped when switching from the regular OD to the boosted OD. I checked mine again the other day, and it doesn't do that.

tung

Hi, Tung. I was using quite low gain settings on mine. That might explain it, I'm talking about the OD2R with the remote switch jack to kick in the turbo. I managed to get settings that worked but in the end I chopped it in for (yet another) Tube Screamer.

tunghaichuan
January 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hi, Tung. I was using quite low gain settings on mine. That might explain it, I'm talking about the OD2R with the remote switch jack to kick in the turbo. I managed to get settings that worked but in the end I chopped it in for (yet another) Tube Screamer.

Thanks for the added info. I'll try that to see if I can duplicate it. Since I'm a gain freak, my gain knobs are usually dimed :)

tung