PDA

View Full Version : E7xxxxx - Squier Strat default body thickness?

Macintosh
January 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hi!
I've got E7xxxxx-serial Squier Stratocaster. I'm just wondering if the body is from different guitar..
I tried to google the dimensions of this model, but i couldn't find details...

It's thinner than 1.75" (45mm.) Standard Fender Strat.. this is about 1.63" (41-42mm.) very beautiful 3-tone sunburst alder(old).
It's routigs are for H-S-H.. (now it's loaded with Texas Specials).
It is modified from floyd rose type system to vintage. Help me please if you do know the specs, about the default thickness of this E7xxxxx-Strat body.
...Anyways.. swapped body or not..this is great tool !!

Your help would be very appreciate.

Thanks.

Katastrophe
January 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Strat body thicknesses are supposed to be around 1.75". You may have a Squier Affinity Strat body, which is supposed to be about .25" thinner.
I don't know of any Affinities that came out with Floyds, so there may be a mystery here. Others with more Strat knowledge will undoubtedly help further.

All that matters, though, is that the guitar sounds good. If it does, then wail away!

ZMAN
January 25th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I was going to recommend the JV Forum, but you are already there. They are a little slow but they will get back to you.
I have 9 Strats. Everything from CIJ, MIM, MIA, MIC, MII. So I decided to measure a few with a caliper. The MIMs are thicker than the MIA, but most of them were 1.75. The CIJ crafted in Japan was about 43 to 44 mm. Basswood body but also a very nice guitar. So of the ones I measured the Japanese strat was thinner, and the MIM was slightly thicker, but all of my Squiers were 1.75.
Now the manufacturers have C&C machines so the thickness is pretty standard.

Macintosh
January 27th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your help.
Thanks ZMAN! Excellent and unique comparison between all kinds of Strats!!