PDA

View Full Version : Order quick! A few Powder Blue SX SST57s are still available!

tremoloman
July 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Kurt over at Rondo Music said there are a couple left, so you'd better order fast before they are all gone!

You can use this URL since the main one from his page is gone:
http://www.rondomusic.net/sst57pblue.html

If you do order one please let me know... I'm curious to see how quickly the few he has left go. :)

-tremoloman

Tim
July 11th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Tremoloman –Now that was not very nice. Not only do you entice the weak with GAS type postings, but now you throw hyperlinks with photos and price tag at us. Have mercy on us. The only thing that saved me from ordering one of those SX SST57 Powder Blue guitars was the color. Now if it been a green like Warren’s LP, I would of definitely ordered one. Your new name just maybe changed to the “pusherman”.

tremoloman
July 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Tim,

I only did it because so many people showed interest in the Powder Blue color. I am in no way associated or make any profit from Rondo's Music. I'm just a poor bastard guitarist who has GAS and wants to share in the goldmine I feel Rondo's is for cheapos like me who love to tinker and get the most bang for our bucks.

If you check out the Bridgeport models I mentioned yestrerday, you'll see a killer transparent green one that can be had for $65. ;)

I think I'm just spreading the disease of GAS and loving it!

SuperSwede
July 11th, 2006, 09:52 AM
T-man! You are the prophet of GAS.. keep preaching about those amazing deals.

kerc
July 11th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Tremoloman is incredibly cruel and heartless. Hahahaha! ;)

Man, those Strats look so nice! But I have my hands full, money-wise...House renovation and private school fees for my son...

I'm in the process, though, of building a Cheapocaster. :D

Tim
July 11th, 2006, 12:40 PM
A Cheapocaster! Now that’s up my alley. Kerc, keep us posted on this endeavor you will be taking. It should make for interesting reading and to watch your progress.

“T”man, Slowdown. I was just pulling your leg.

tremoloman
July 11th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Tremoloman is incredibly cruel and heartless. Hahahaha! ;)

Man, those Strats look so nice! But I have my hands full, money-wise...House renovation and private school fees for my son...

I'm in the process, though, of building a Cheapocaster. :D
I did this a few times but it would be cheaper to get a Bridgecraft or SX and then mod it. $65/$99 just can't be beat and the bodies look like a million bucks!

kerc
July 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I did this a few times but it would be cheaper to get a Bridgecraft or SX and then mod it. $65/$99 just can't be beat and the bodies look like a million bucks!

True!

About the Cheapocaster, I'm not doing it to save money per se, but rather to be able to assemble a guitar from parts, and making it work, you know...get the working experience. I also get the chance to rescue forgotten and neglected guitars!

:D

Bloozcat
July 12th, 2006, 06:17 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm currently in the process of building another Strat clone (two at once!), I would have jumped on one of these. Especially after Tremoloman's glowing review!

One of the two I'm working on is a partscaster made with about 85%-90% Fender parts with a Fender licensed neck. I'm just waiting for the lacquer on the neck to cure so I can do the final wet sanding/polishing and then attach it to the body. The other one will be a Daphne Blue Strat with an amber tinted maple/maple neck. So, the SX looks good but...:o

This modding, building, assembling is a sickness you know...;)

Tim
July 12th, 2006, 08:35 AM
This modding, building, assembling is a sickness you know...;)

Bloozcat - I am contemplating on asking to be infected, but it could start a pandemic. I got a taste of it while changing the pots and capacitors on my Tele Custom. Taking apart a guitar and reassembling it yourself allows your confidence to increase while playing. The understanding that it was put together the way you wanted it is a good feeling.

tremoloman
July 12th, 2006, 09:14 AM
True!

About the Cheapocaster, I'm not doing it to save money per se, but rather to be able to assemble a guitar from parts, and making it work, you know...get the working experience. I also get the chance to rescue forgotten and neglected guitars!:DThat's an excellent way to learn about guitars. Going through that experience myself taught me everything I know about guitars which lead to the creation of my Marilyn Strat. She's my favorite of all since it was the first one I built out of parts I gathered from all over.

tremoloman
July 12th, 2006, 09:15 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm currently in the process of building another Strat clone (two at once!), I would have jumped on one of these. Especially after Tremoloman's glowing review!

One of the two I'm working on is a partscaster made with about 85%-90% Fender parts with a Fender licensed neck. I'm just waiting for the lacquer on the neck to cure so I can do the final wet sanding/polishing and then attach it to the body. The other one will be a Daphne Blue Strat with an amber tinted maple/maple neck. So, the SX looks good but...:o

This modding, building, assembling is a sickness you know...;)You better show us your results when its finished. I too am addicted to upgrading guitars. I seem to get more satisfaction out of playing a souped up axe versus an expensive model. I think the customiation just makes it feel more your own.

Bloozcat
July 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Tim,

Remember the scene from Young Frankenstein where Gene Wilder gets that wild eyed look and says, "Alive...alive..." That's me when I plug a finished project into the amp...and it works. My beautiful creation....:D

tremoloman,

I knew when I bought that camera a year or two ago that I should have gotten a digital, instead of the analog film camera I got. But there are ways around that. I'll just get the film developed at WalMart where they give you the option of having your photos posted online. From there to Photobucket, then here....I'll get them posted.

I took some "before" photos of the two necks I've done with the amber tint. When they're done I'll take some finished photos, and some of the Frankencaster with one of the necks attached. I have a couple of photos of the body completely assembled, but without the neck on this roll of film also.

BTW: This brings up another point for anyone who's considering any painting work on their guitars and/or necks. I have a touch-up/detail spray gun that I bought from Harbor Freight Tools. It normally costs $19.99, which is a pretty good price. I got it for $9.99 on sale. It's on sale right now for the same price of $9.99. It works suprisingly well, given the price. It's light years ahead of spray cans, and for about $6.00 less than the cost of one can of aerosol spray paint from Guitar Re-Ranch, you can get a spray gun that'll last for years. Of course, you'll need a compressor and a filter canister for it, but you can get those from HFT at pretty decent prices too (especially when they're on sale!). So, if you're even thinking of spray painting sometime in the future, you might want to pick one of these up now. It was probably six months or more before I used mine for the first time, but I couldn't pass up the deal when it was on sale.