PDA

View Full Version : Mini Humbucker mounting Plate

ZMAN
January 25th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I recently purchased an LP style gold top. It is not a Gibson but a very nice copy. It has the P90 pickups and I am thinking that down the road I would throw a set of Gibson mini humbuckers in her to make it a Deluxe. Gibson has reissued the minis but there is on small problem. There was a plate that mounted onto the bottom of the pickup cavity, with two screws. The height adjusting screws on the pickup thread through this plate and hold the pickup on the guitar They are 3-48 machine screws. The screws go through the pickup ring and there is a spacer and soldered nut that raise or lower the pickup,
The plate is not made by Gibson and I was wondering if anyone has found a supplier.
I have schematics for one and can make it myself but I though someone might have run across a source.
I have seen the Lollar vid on Youtube but they use a woodscrew right into the wood. I would like the original mounting if possible.
Don't get confused with the pickup rings on a Firebird. They will not work on my guitar.

tunghaichuan
January 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Zman,

This thread (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/just-pickups/97365-mini-humbucker-mount-p90-shell.html) has some info on making your own mounting plate.

tung

ZMAN
January 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Yes Tung I have already printed that one out and I have the template and the list for the items I need.
If I decide to go that route I will make my own. I was just wondering if anyone has come across some obscure source for these things.
They are a pretty simple bracket.
I kind of left a thought with the Gibson guy that maybe they should include the bracket with their reissue mini humbuckers. That way they could sell a lot of pickups for non Gibson P90 guitars.

tunghaichuan
January 25th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Have you thought about having a machine shop make you some? It probably wouldn't be that expensive.

tung

Yes Tung I have already printed that one out and I have the template and the list for the items I need.
If I decide to go that route I will make my own. I was just wondering if anyone has come across some obscure source for these things.
They are a pretty simple bracket.
I kind of left a thought with the Gibson guy that maybe they should include the bracket with their reissue mini humbuckers. That way they could sell a lot of pickups for non Gibson P90 guitars.

ZMAN
January 25th, 2009, 04:06 PM
They will be very simple to make. If I do decide to make them I will make about 20 sets and sell them on ebay. A niche market for sure.