PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone, PDA screen protectors

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Just got a new Barackberry and I wanted to know what kind of screen protection you guys are using on your cell phones etc. I have some of the clear adhesive kind but I can never apply them good enough and I end up with dust specs inside which create those unsightly bubbles. After a couple of days those covers look like hell anyway and need to be replaced. What do you use? Are the static non adhesive ones any good?

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I still use the original adhesive plastic screen protector that came with my HTC. It was fairly easy to put it on!

My Palm TX on the other hand was impossible to use with screen protectors, even Palms own protectors.. it got bubbly and messed up the text recognition.

Spudman
January 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Check out a sign shop and ask for the thinnest clear vinyl they have. You can get a piece that will last the rest of your life for a dollar or two.

marnold
January 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I never got the thin vinyl thing to work right. I ended up going with Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal (http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouchcrystal/) on my Palm TX. They're more expensive, but they last forever. I had one on my TX for over three years. Eventually the writing area got so scratched up that pen input became frustrating.

Robert
January 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I use my pocket. :)

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Rob - pockets will still mar your screen finish. Sometimes pretty bad real quick.

Spud - I thought about that. I passed a few shops on the way to work today. I'm thinking they'd apply themselves via static?

Marnold - Is that product easy to put on? Is it the kind that comes with a spray applicator?

sunvalleylaw
January 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I have the satin plastic kind and it is not perfect, but close enough for me. I clean the plastic every so often.

ted s
January 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
bubble wrap and a cardboard box ?

marnold
January 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Marnold - Is that product easy to put on? Is it the kind that comes with a spray applicator?
The Palm TX and Tungsten E ones were very easy to put on. There's no spray applicator. It's thicker than normal and rigid which makes is very easy to grasp. When I put one on my wife's PDA, I had to pull it up and reposition it. Worked fine. They say that you can even take them off and wash them. I tried that once. My wife didn't mind it but I don't know if I would have been thrilled with the results.

peachhead
January 26th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I have the static kind, and have had no issues with it as of yet.