PDA

View Full Version : Desert Island Discs!

Screaming Dave
January 26th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Over here in the UK we have a long-running radio programme called "Desert Island Discs". The pretext is that a celebrity is going to be marooned on a desert island, and they can only take 8 records with them (well, it used to be records, but now it's CDs of course!) So each week they have a different celebrity on who talks the host through their choices.

Now's your chance, fellow fretters! What would your 8 songs be? Remember, these might be the only 8 songs you hear for the rest of your life, so choose carefully.

(By the way, while you're at it, you can also choose a book. You get the Bible and the Complete Works of William Shakespeare (which will do for kindling, ha ha!) anyway, so choose another one .....

.... oh, and a luxury of some sort ....

... which will be a guitar for everyone on here, right?

:)

Spudman
January 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
and they can only take 8 records with them (well, it used to be records, but now it's CDs of course!)

What would your 8 songs be? Remember, these might be the only 8 songs you hear for the rest of your life, so choose carefully.

Which is it? 8 CDs or just 8 individual songs?

Screaming Dave
January 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
8 individual songs, I'm afraid!

Spudman
January 28th, 2009, 06:05 PM
8 individual songs, I'm afraid!

That's cruel.

markb
January 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM
That's cruel.

You'll just have to wait for Desert Island iPod when you get to choose your favourite 1000 songs :D

Thanks to Boothby Graffoe for that joke

Spudman
January 28th, 2009, 11:26 PM
You'll just have to wait for Desert Island iPod when you get to choose your favourite 1000 songs :D

Thanks to Boothby Graffoe for that joke

That sounds good. I just hope I land on an island that has currant bushes so I can recharge the batteries.

Screaming Dave
January 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
That sounds good. I just hope I land on an island that has currant bushes so I can recharge the batteries.

No, will be just a pile of sand in the middle of the ocean with one single palm tree, as is traditional with desert islands. :)

Spudman
January 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM
No, will be just a pile of sand in the middle of the ocean with one single palm tree, as is traditional with desert islands. :)

What about a fridge and beer? I suppose you're going to try to tell us there is no beer? That ain't right.

oldguy
January 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Prob'ly something by Alvin and the chipmunks, some Loony tunes, that supercalifragilisticexpealidocious song, and some of those sound effects guitar things from the six million dollar man when he destroyed the computerized android that thought it was human and was dying..........
if I'm gonna go (any more) insane on a make-believe desert island, I don't wanna waste any time, I wanna crank this sh!t up, jump right into the surf with some stinging jellyfish, slug down some fermented coconut milk, and ride that crystal surfboard into the stratosphere, bail out coming down eight miles high, and land on that white buffalo heading for the promised land.

Spudman
January 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Prob'ly something by Alvin and the chipmunks, some Loony tunes, that supercalifragilisticexpealidocious song, and some of those sound effects guitar things from the six million dollar man when he destroyed the computerized android that thought it was human and was dying..........
if I'm gonna go (any more) insane on a make-believe desert island, I don't wanna waste any time, I wanna crank this sh!t up, jump right into the surf with some stinging jellyfish, slug down some fermented coconut milk, and ride that crystal surfboard into the stratosphere, bail out coming down eight miles high, and land on that white buffalo heading for the promised land.

Man, you are way more rock and roll than I ever thought. Right on. :beer: