PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Wolfgang over $3,000

Robert
January 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
So what do you think of the prices of the nefw Peavey Wolfgang?

See http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WolfgangQM

SALE PRICE:
$3,149.99 (doh, what a sale!)

markb
January 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Yes but "Play the same guitar as a fretboard legend". That's got to be worth a few bob :)

Robert
January 27th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Yup, I guess. It's so cheap I can't believe it.

I like this line:

To prove that it was battle-worthy and could survive the road, performance data was collected from every gig for months and months to establish and confirm consistency and durability

hubberjub
January 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Not for me. I still prefer the Ernie Ball model to either of the newer ones (Peavey or Fender). I don't care for the headstock cutout either. I'm sure it's a great guitar but I think it's about twice the cost it should be. Especially considering Mr. Van Halen became famouse using very simple and cheap guitars.

Robert
January 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I hope my subtle sarcasm was shining through?

sunvalleylaw
January 27th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I would much rather build me a hot rod strat of some kind from an inexpensive strat type.

Ch0jin
January 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Yup, I guess. It's so cheap I can't believe it.

I like this line:

To prove that it was battle-worthy and could survive the road, performance data was collected from every gig for months and months to establish and confirm consistency and durability

Yeah me too. I've played a bit with performance data from sim race cars as well as performance data from windows and linux servers. I'm struggling to comprehend what "performance data" can be downloaded from a guitar after each show...

Did it stay in tune yes/no
Did it stay in tune when using the d-tuner yes/no
Did any strings break yes/no
Needs more cowbell yes/no

Robert
January 27th, 2009, 05:40 PM
But don't you feel confident that they "proved it"? :)

Katastrophe
January 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Looks like ol' Eddie just took the Peavey model and cut out the natural portion of the Peavey headstock and called it a Fender. Basswood body, maple top, maple neck.

I love Eddie's playing, no doubt about it. But, for me, there are other guitars out there that are built with the same care, attention to detail and materials that cost less. Of course, they're not associated with a guitar legend.

But, would that make me play better if I bought one? I doubt it.

All that said, I really like the redesigned look of the Peavey, that they came out with after Eddie pulled the plug. It's about half the price for the flattop version.

tunghaichuan
January 27th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I would much rather build me a hot rod strat of some kind from an inexpensive strat type.

Even primo parts from Warmoth or USA Custom would be well under $1K. But I'm with you, Steve.

tung