PDA

View Full Version : Washburn G20V Wiring Inquiry

duhvoodooman
January 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I got an e-mail from someone asking about how to wire up the pickups and controls on a Washburn G20V, a model I have absolutely no familiarity with. Wondered if anyone else here might have some specific knowledge. Otherwise, I'll probably just send the guy over to the Seymour Duncan wiring diagrams page to match up this guitar the best he can with one of their library of wiring diagrams.

Here's the text of the e-mail, verbatim:

I have a Washburn G20V ( 87' I believe) and I can't find a single diagram about how the original wiring was set up. Do you have any idea or could you figure out how they might have set it up? It has two Washburn pickups ( 1 white wire and 1 black) , 2 push/ pull pots and a 3 way switch. I have no clue how they did it, but if I remember correctly, I could get 5 or 6 different sounds before I tore it apart, without making a diagram.DUH. I have no problem with the 4 conductor pickups, but this 2 wire thing has got me baffled and I cant find anything on the web for 2 humbucker 2wire 2 push/ pull setups. (in phase out of phase and so forth)

Rocket
January 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I think all the Washburn refugees came from the acoustic forum... suggest that he try here at the Washburn electric forum:
http://forums.washburn.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=11