PDA

View Full Version : Vibrato pedal usage by Michael Landau

Robert
January 28th, 2009, 10:32 PM
We talk about tremolo and vibe, but what about vibrato pedals? They are cool. Tremolo pedals make the sound come and go volume-wise, whereas the vibrato pedal actually changes the pitch up and down slightly. Can be a very nice effect. The Cool Cat Chorus can be set up to work for doing this.

Here is a great video with Mike Landau. Such a masterful player! He uses a vibrato pedal on the theme part in the beginning of this video. Nice huh? Also, notice how much he uses just the right hand fingers without the pick. By the way, that OD100 amp he uses I WANT TO HAVE!

y4hhJoecLVs

Jimi75
January 29th, 2009, 02:33 AM
AWESOME! Thanks for posting this vid Robert. The vibrato in this video sounds great. Now I'm even more confused - thanks my friend!

Robert
January 29th, 2009, 08:47 AM
hehe, thanks, just doing my job. :D

jpfeifer
January 29th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Great playing!

I really like all the chordal stuff he is doing and the way he is playing with his fingers.

When I saw Jeff Beck in concert he was playing a lot of stuff like this. It has me convinced that you can get a lot more expressive with your fingers than with a pick.

-- Jim

Blaze
January 30th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Laudau is unique , i like his tone ,the way is doing these weid chords and his awesome soloing..

You re right Rob the vibrato does enhance the theme tone , just like other effects we could use for other fonction that they normally do ..

Nice post:dude: