PDA

View Full Version : Listen to youtube

Jimi75
January 29th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Has anyone tried this site already?

www.listentoyoutube.com

You enter the youtube link and then you can download the audio directly as MP3 without converting.

Sounds interesting...

bigoldron
January 29th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Has anyone tried this site already?

www.listentoyoutube.com

You enter the youtube link and then you can download the audio directly as MP3 without converting.

Sounds interesting...

Works OK. I just tried it and it pulled the song with no problem and saved it as an mp3. I have PowerDVD on my computer, which is the default for mp3's, so when I double-clicked the file, it played fine. What's weird though, is that when I play it in Windows Media Player (ver 11 running on an XP box), it starts out fine, then about 3 or 4 bars into it, it starts dragging, just like an old cassette tape. Too weird!

So, just for kicks, I pulled it into Audacity and exported it as a wav file and it plays OK now. Strange... :messedup:

Algonquin
January 29th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I can see the Music Companies becoming more diligent on having their copy protected music removed from YouTube.

Andy
January 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
may want to check out the free prog 'any video converter'.
it's small, simple and has a .....youtube button.

the copyright owners "generally" only show concern over HQ / stereo uploads.
but have become more picky lately I've noticed.

Jimi75
January 30th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I can see the Music Companies becoming more diligent on having their copy protected music removed from YouTube.

For your info. I have never sucked any music from the net. I buy my cds and movies because I hate piracy! But I like the idea of downloading gear demo MP3s so I can listen to them on the train when I ride to work.

Andy
January 30th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I've dowloaded several guitar instruction videos with the owners permission,(Rob Chappers) he recomended to do so, because he was clearing out several of them this week. Thats how I came across the little program.

I find the quality of most songs/videos I like, to be of poor quality on youtube, it's not worth the trouble.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I would rather stream Pandora, kinda like listening to a radio station playing a type of music I want to hear, and then buy stuff properly when I hear things I like.

Blaze
January 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Tried it , works good !

Guthrie Govan playing to Robben Ford style track

Here s the mp 3 from the video:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/rename_your_file.mp3

5GOs7iLKaTI