PDA

View Full Version : able to love

johnboymartin
January 29th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Howdy!

This is a sort of progressive rock tune I wrote from two different vibes. One was the C#m position on the 6th fret, where you play the B and E strings open . The second vibe hit me when I was watching a special about Def Leppard a year ago. I love Mutt Lange as a producer. Anywho, "Pour Some Sugar on Me" starts in the same tonic, and then goes to Emajor for the hook. Written a few tunes with the hook and verse in different keys, this is probably the best IMO. Notice the bridge and ending. I end the tune in Gmajor. Don't know why. it just wanted to go there! Here's to hoping the attachment shows up when I hit submit!

Johnboy

oldguy
January 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
The link works, and it sounds great...........is that you singing, johnboy?
Give us some more info.....how many people on the track, is it all you?
What gear did you use to record?
Nice composition, flows smoothly, and great playing to boot.
Kudos!

M29
January 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I liked that jbm, nice sound and feel. Tasty guitar work.

M

johnboymartin
January 31st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Howdy!

There are just two of us.

Would I get more responses if I used my Box account? When I enter the http address it just sits there?

Anywho, I sing all the vocals and play the acoustic. The acoustic is the center of the whole recording. My partner is Larry Pester. We have a decent ProTools setup, no HD. Larry is the reason everything sounds good. He is a one man multi-intrumentalsit producer. He lays down drums through his keyboard, no loops, and plays the bass through the same. He also plays the electric solo and adds all the stereo enhancements.. Larry deserves alot of credit.

I really appreciate you guys listening. It looks as though many people look at your thread but don't listen. I thought maybe my underwear were sticking out, and sometimes I drool.

Thank you,

Johnboy

player
January 31st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Nice tune John.Thanks for sharing :AOK: