PDA

View Full Version : Conference of the Frets!

Guitar-Chris
July 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Hello!

What about this idea? Having a live conference of the fretters?

Many people are using SKYPE. You can get the free program here

http://www.skype.com

It makes possible free conferences, that are chats, telefone-like and video-conferences.

I have also a webcam on my monitor so i can do video-conferences with it.

All is free, only internet connection is needed.

What about the idea of having a conference of the fretters?

As an alternative i do also have an AOL Instant Messanger account.

Step one: Install skype, get a free account.

Step two: Post your account name here or bette via private mail to those who are interested.

Eveyone of the fretters can get my account via mail.

So i am waiting.... :R

Tim
July 12th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Christian,

Sounds very cool. I am not a computer genius. How would I hook up a microphone to chat with? I have an old VCR camera lying around the closet. Could it be used for video? If I can get my system to work, I for giving your idea a try.

Guitar-Chris
July 12th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Christian,

Sounds very cool. I am not a computer genius. How would I hook up a microphone to chat with? I have an old VCR camera lying around the closet. Could it be used for video? If I can get my system to work, I for giving your idea a try.

I'm not shure abou that video-cam. But for the first, a simple microphone, connected to the sound-card would be enough.

Video-Conferencen with skype is limited to two persons at the moment. But you can have a chat of further 5 persones the same time i think.

AOL Instant Messanger can handle mor persons in a chat, so probably that is better. Let's wait, what the others say and prefer, ok?

Iago
July 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM
on th msn messenger you can open you webcam for more than 2 at the same time isnt it? but I guess you can use your microphone with only one person at time... so theres a disvantage in that too. if anyone wanna add me on the msn just contact me..

I have a skype account too, but i need to download and install it again.