PDA

View Full Version : Jason Moon - Subdivisions (Live Solo Rush Cover)

t_ross33
January 30th, 2009, 07:57 AM
:bravo:

W4vd9OVLO7Q

Blaze
January 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

marnold
January 30th, 2009, 09:05 AM
"Subdivisions" is my favorite Rush song. I never thought that it would work well as an acoustic piece but I've been proven wrong. That was really cool.

Algonquin
January 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Awesome! I think we'll have to call Helliott about this one... it was filmed in his neck of the woods.

Great find Trev :AOK:

Robert
January 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
On a rooftop? Interesting.... but I don't think the recording is taken from the playing on the roof top? Sounds like a studio. There would be outdoor sounds coming trough that microphone.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Really nice! Recorded using a MacBook? See lower right of the screen early on.

marnold
January 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM
On a rooftop? Interesting.... but I don't think the recording is taken from the playing on the roof top? Sounds like a studio. There would be outdoor sounds coming trough that microphone.
Except for the fact that his vocals grow noticeably quieter when he moves his mouth away from the mic. I'm sure it was edited.

Robert
January 30th, 2009, 03:43 PM
You can also see sync problems if you look at his mouth when he is singing.

M29
January 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Man that was sweet! Nicely done.:bravo:

Algonquin
January 30th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Except for the fact that his vocals grow noticeably quieter when he moves his mouth away from the mic. I'm sure it was edited.
It was edited for sure, but still a great effort. The skyline from the start of the video to the end shows that. Not too many sunsets come on like that in 6 minutes. What a great song! Neil has written some prolific lyrics, but these are outstanding.

helliott
February 1st, 2009, 01:12 PM
Yep, sure looks like the skyline from our hometown. Great version of this by Jacob Moon. He's a local favourite and is often in our pages or on our web site.