PDA

View Full Version : My New Baby!

t_ross33
July 12th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Just put a down payment on her today, she'll be coming to practice with me tomorrow night.

Washburn D10CEQSB
With its single cutaway and Equis® Extra Preamp, the D10CEQ has the sound and playability of a professional model, and with its sunburst quilted top it will steal the show.

FEATURES

* Quilt maple top
* Mahogany sides/back
* Cutaway style
* Mahogany neck with trussrod
* Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
* Natural/buffed gloss body
* Stained mahogany/buffed gloss neck
* Chrome die cast Grover style tuning machine
* Multi lam top binding
* Neck binding
* New diamond inlaid marquetry rosette
* Equis® Extra Preamp

I'll post some pics once I get her home. This doesn't do the quilt top justice.

:cool:

Katastrophe
July 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Congrats, man! With the Mahogany back and sides, and the Maple top, you should be getting some warm, yet articulate tones outta that thing!

That kind of cutaway, dreadnought style guitar is my favorite. Nice purchase!

t_ross33
July 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks Kat. She's a beauty, fer sure. To be honest, my Yamaha is way more resonant though to be fair she's more resonant than most acoustics I've ever tried. This baby really comes alive when plugged in. One of the best amplified acoustic tones I've heard. Even has a XLR out for direct to the board, though I think I'll run her through the pedal chain regardless.

And she has sweet action too, plays as easy as my electric. I found the Yamaha to be tough to barre, even after lowering the action. I think it has to do with the type of neck and tighter fretboard radius (it's pretty chunky). Great for diggin' in but the Washburn will be easier to play, and sound better live (that's what I'm banking on anyway). And that quilt maple top.... yummy!

Tim
July 13th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Nice ax T-ross. You will have to record something for us Fretters to hear how she sounds.

kerc
July 14th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Nice guitar! :D I really like mahogany acoustics.

tremoloman
July 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Sweet axe! Washburn makes some really nice acoustics.

t_ross33
July 14th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Sweet axe! Washburn makes some really nice acoustics.
Thanks T-man. I've always liked Washburn acoustics, though I've never been overly impressed with their electrics :confused: I wonder why that is. Personal taste more than anything I guess.

Jammed away with the boyz last night to Pink Houses by John Mellencamp and Pretty Lady by Trooper (for all you Canucks in the crowd. Any one "down South" below the 49th hear of a little Canadian band called Trooper? They are classic up here. Worth checking out). I'm gonna like playing this one for sure. Gig coming up next weekend so I'll get it road tested. Anyone interested in a full review?

Found one little flaw in the finish, looks like a fingerprint smudge or something but it won't buff out. Might be gettting a few bucks knocked off just 'cause it isn't "perfect". Has absolutely no effect on sound quality :D

I played some nice romantic stuff for my wife today and she's sold on it. :cool: She's such a sucker for an acoustic ballad.

If I ever get this recording thing figured out I'll post a clip.

Katastrophe
July 14th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Smart man, romancing the wife with the acoustic you just bought! I'm gonna have to do that myself....

Never heard of Trooper before... I'll have to check 'em out!

I DO like Triumph though. I really do. Rik Emmet can flat jam!:R :DR :D