PDA

View Full Version : Hey.

Fretcruiser
January 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM
My name is Austin. I'm new to this board, but it seems pretty slick so I think I'll be a regular.

I've been playing guitar for about 15 years. I currently take lessons from Neil Zaza, a lot of you have probably heard of him.

I play a Schecter Diamond C1-Elite. It's an amazing guitar.:rockon:
I'm pretty straight forward with my gear. I'm not an effects snob. I use a Boss CE 2, and the Dual Overdrive, as well as my Dunlop Wah. Every now and then I'll use the Phase 90.

markb
January 31st, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hi, Austin and welcome. Don't worry about not being a "cork sniffer" when it comes to effects. There's plenty of Boss love around here. There are at least a couple of ampheads about, though. What're you using?

Robert
January 31st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome, most of us will sniff anything that sounds good, whether that's cork or plastic or whatever. :)

tunghaichuan
January 31st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hi, Austin and welcome. Don't worry about not being a "cork sniffer" when it comes to effects. There's plenty of Boss love around here. There are at least a couple of ampheads about, though. What're you using?

+1 I love Boss pedals. I currently have about 13. Inexpensive, rugged and sound good.

Welcome to The Fret, Austin.

How do you like the Dual Overdrive? I've never heard one of those.

tung

Spudman
January 31st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hi and welcome. You're in great hands with Neil and I'm totally envious. What a great guy to get lessons from.

markb
January 31st, 2009, 09:27 PM
+1 I love Boss pedals. I currently have about 13. Inexpensive, rugged and sound good.

Welcome to The Fret, Austin.

How do you like the Dual Overdrive? I've never heard one of those.

tung

That'll be the SD2 Dual Overdrive. Like the OD2R but with more controls.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/sd2.xml

Fretcruiser
February 1st, 2009, 12:07 AM
Actually for my amp, I have a Peavy Bandit. I'm a total Peavy fan. To me it's the standard as far as amps go. I like as natural of a sound as I can get, and the Bandit definitely provides that.

Neil is a great guitarist. It's all the little stuff that you can pick up from a player like that that makes a huge difference. :rockon:

sunvalleylaw
February 1st, 2009, 12:08 AM
Welcome! I love my Boss pedals as well.

oldguy
February 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Welcome to TheFret! Glad you joined us here.

Gil Janus
February 1st, 2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome aboard TheFret. You will find that you will fit right in - many different rigs, many music styles, many folks with a wide range of interests.

We are always glad to have some new blood :thwap:

Gil :cool:

warren0728
February 1st, 2009, 08:56 AM
welcome fretcruiser....just googled neil zaza....wow....

most of us will sniff anything that sounds good
^^^ now that's sig material right there folks.... :pancake:

Rocket
February 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hey.

Brian Krashpad
February 2nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Welcome Austin!

just strum
February 5th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Austin, I caught your reference to Cleveland in the other thread and figured I would come over here and formally say "Welcome".

What part of Cleveland are you from?

Fretcruiser
February 5th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Austin, I caught your reference to Cleveland in the other thread and figured I would come over here and formally say "Welcome".

What part of Cleveland are you from?

I live in Olmsted Falls now, but I'm a mailman in Westlake. What about you?

just strum
February 5th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I live in Olmsted Falls now, but I'm a mailman in Westlake. What about you?

Born in the center of Cleveland (W25th and Dennison). Lived in the following in order after leaving the greater Cleveland area

Lakewood
Bay Village
short stay in West Hollywood, CA
Olmsted Falls
Parma
North Olmsted
North Royalton
Rocky River
Brecksville
Twinsburg
and have resided in Aurora for the last 16 years

oh, and worked in Painsville up until this January and now work in Stow.

Fretcruiser
February 5th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Born in the center of Cleveland (W25th and Dennison). Lived in the following in order after leaving the greater Cleveland area

Lakewood
Bay Village
short stay in West Hollywood, CA
Olmsted Falls
Parma
North Olmsted
North Royalton
Rocky River
Brecksville
Twinsburg
and have resided in Aurora for the last 16 years

oh, and worked in Painsville up until this January and now work in Stow.

No way!!! I grew up on Riverside, right by 71 off of 25th street. I lived there for 16 years! By first job was at the McDonald's on the corner of Pearl and Denison. Then I moved to Middleburg Heights when I was 16, and now I live in Olmsted. Small world.

just strum
February 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
No way!!! I grew up on Riverside, right by 71 off of 25th street. I lived there for 16 years! By first job was at the McDonald's on the corner of Pearl and Denison. Then I moved to Middleburg Heights when I was 16, and now I live in Olmsted. Small world.

I was born on Riverside, just two houses from West 39th. We lived there until I was five and then lived on w39th between Archwood and Mapledale.

Fretcruiser
February 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I was born on Riverside, just two houses from West 39th. We lived there until I was five and then lived on w39th between Archwood and Mapledale.

Yeah, I was the second to last house before the culd-a-sac, on the right. The neighborhood is really run down now. The house I spent a better part of my life in is now boarded up=[
Did they have the big street sale in the summer on Archwood when you were there?

just strum
February 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I was the second to last house before the culd-a-sac, on the right. The neighborhood is really run down now. The house I spent a better part of my life in is now boarded up=[
Did they have the big street sale in the summer on Archwood when you were there?

No, no street sale. I'm a little older than you

1) I was around when they tore the houses down to build I71 (it was our playground for a couple of years).

2) There was no McDonalds on Pearl and Dennison - the corners consisted of a restaurant (with stools and counter), an Adult Bookstore (previously a drug store), a bar or as we called them "beer joint" named The Bank Bar because years earlier, probably the 30's and 40's it was a bank and the remaining corner was a music store.

3) I went to grade school at Blessed Sacrament and high school at West Tech.

I tried to PM or e-mail you, but you are blocked.

Fretcruiser
February 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
No, no street sale. I'm a little older than you

1) I was around when they tore the houses down to build I71 (it was our playground for a couple of years).

2) There was no McDonalds on Pearl and Dennison - the corners consisted of a restaurant (with stools and counter), an Adult Bookstore (previously a drug store), a bar or as we called them "beer joint" named The Bank Bar because years earlier, probably the 30's and 40's it was a bank and the remaining corner was a music store.

3) I went to grade school at Blessed Sacrament and high school at West Tech.

I tried to PM or e-mail you, but you are blocked.

I took care of the PM thing. I guess it's automatically disabled when you create an account.

mrmudcat
February 10th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome!!

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Welcome!

I was born in that bright band near the central upper-right portion:

http://www.networlddirectory.com/images/blogs/crab-nebula-552300.jpg

There were no MacDonald's, but we distilled a mean retort of plomphgas: stunk like h3ll but, after the 42nd hallucination, who cares.

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome!

I was born in that bright band near the central upper-right portion:

http://www.networlddirectory.com/images/blogs/crab-nebula-552300.jpg

There were no MacDonald's, but we distilled a mean retort of plomphgas: stunk like h3ll but, after the 42nd hallucination, who cares.

Do you realize that if you stare at that picture cross-eyed for a long time you can see the Pillsbury Dough Boy, or is that the Michelin Man? Then again, you being someone that has surpassed your 42nd hallucination probably has seen everything.

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Do you realize that if you stare at that picture cross-eyed for a long time you can see the Pillsbury Dough Boy, or is that the Michelin Man? Then again, you being someone that has surpassed your 42nd hallucination probably has seen everything. Pillsbury Doughboys, Michelin Men, & Stay-Puft Marshmallow Men are what ghosts hallucinate.

My favorite hallucination is the one where there is intelligent life on earth.

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Pillsbury Doughboys, Michelin Men, & Stay-Puft Marshmallow Men are what ghosts hallucinate.

My favorite hallucination is the one where there is intelligent life on earth.

Whoa, gotta take far too much to start seeing that.