PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Problem

just strum
February 1st, 2009, 07:09 AM
As many of you are aware, I have had a running battle with E-bay and the result has been my refusal to accept invalid charges. I've also had other issues with PayPal.

Although I have (or now had) an account to log in under, I could not bid or sell on E-bay. They made it impossible for me to bid, but apparently not for someone else to use my account. I realized this when I received a payment request from another member on Friday. I immediately notified E-bay and their great detective work resulted in them completely shutting down my account.

All I can say is - If you feel secure with E-bay and PayPal - Good Luck with that!!!

Keep in mind that they are taking credit for notifying me, but I think it is the other way around.

We're writing to notify you that your account was taken over by an unauthorized person.

This person may have used your account to post listings on eBay, or to change some of your current listings. The email address on your account may also have been tampered with, which is why you may not have received any emails before this one.

***Please note***
We've taken several steps to secure your eBay account. All associated fees have been credited to your account, and any listings that were tampered with have been canceled. Your credit card information is stored on a secure server and can't be viewed by anyone.

***Securing Your Account***
We've sent you an email with instructions on how to change your personal email and eBay passwords. Please follow these instructions immediately. After you've changed your passwords, please change your Secret Question and Answer by taking the following steps:

In addition to "them" notifying me, they go on to say that my e-mail may have been tampered with and that is why I may not have received any e-mails prior to this notice. They completely lose sight of the fact that I am the one that had to bring it to their attention.

That's tight security for you. Well, at least we know where the Bush people found jobs.