PDA

View Full Version : Heard enough theory?

Rocket
February 2nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Heard enough theory?
Tired of watching others jammin' without joining in?
Ready to put some of that theory into practice?
Want just enough practical hands-on to be really dangerous?
Interested in grabbing yer plank and actually using it?

I'm proposing a "Rhythm Section" to post up some Rock & Blues riffs & real hands-on tips you can actually use NOW to enable beginners to sit in with anyone right away and make some music, not excuses.

What I'm proposing would not replace musical theory or disregard any formal guitar training or lessons. I'd just like everyone, (and especially the beginners,) to have some fun as well.

If I get enough positive input, (and it's ok with Robert & Mods,) I'll provide further details and plan a test project to see how it works here.

If satisfactory, a complete finished piece to learn each week.

I've tried this on another forum and seemed to go over ok aside that it was an acoustic forum, (and I'm not really an acoustic player.) I think it would work well in this mostly electric forum.

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Cool. I'm in.

I love my theory, but I love just to jam and make noise too. EDIT: and I need practice at it too.

Robert
February 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Sounds awesome enough for me! Briiiiiing it on!

warren0728
February 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
sounds like a good idea to me.... :pancake:

tunghaichuan
February 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

I'm in.

tung

marnold
February 2nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Sounds interesting . . . now about those details.

Rocket
February 2nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Guys... this was intended for the beginners, (hence posting in the "Beginners & Newbies" section.) Like mentioned, just enough practical usage to be dangerous. I'm positive y'all are way past what I'm proposing.

Let's hear from the Newbies...

R_of_G
February 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Count me in.

I like theory plenty, but I am also a firm believer in this theory...
http://blogs.laweekly.com/play/now%20start%20a%20band%20tee.jpg

just strum
February 2nd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Let's hear from the Newbies...

Define "Newie"

I have heard/read people that are one year into playing that consider themselves intermediates (even advanced) and I've seen/read people that have been playing 20 years that don't consider themselves much more than intermediates or less.

I having had a sampling of what you have to offer think it's a great idea and the people that find it something new and/or useful to them will enjoy and welcome what you have to offer.

Of course, I really don't know you. (the hated smiley face inserted here)

tjcurtin1
February 2nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Rocket, thanks for the offer; I definitely fit the category and would benefit from the ability to get to making some music.

mcgreggor57
February 2nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Count me in as one who would enjoy it!

peachhead
February 2nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
I think it's a great idea, whether newbie or not.

Childbride
February 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Rocket...

i've seen/heard, first-hand, your contributions in this arena before, and am interested in this concept.

the one major hurdle would be finally getting a sound card into this computer; i don't want to try and bogart shiner's laptop every time i try to follow what you are doing.

will consult with my husband. [comes back from other room]

ok, sound card a temporary issue. i'm in.

tunghaichuan
February 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah, what Strum said :D

I've been playing at playing the guitar for over 20 years now, and consider myself *maybe* an advanced beginner. Maybe. So at this point, anything that you share will be greatly appreciated.

tung

Define "Newie"

I have heard/read people that are one year into playing that consider themselves intermediates (even advanced) and I've seen/read people that have been playing 20 years that don't consider themselves much more than intermediates or less.

I having had a sampling of what you have to offer think it's a great idea and the people that find it something new and/or useful to them will enjoy and welcome what you have to offer.

Of course, I really don't know you. (the hated smiley face inserted here)

BluesHowler
February 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
I'd love to join in. Any tips and instruction that I can learn from is appreciated.

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
I still consider myself somewhat new. I have been playing not quite 3 years, and my live or jam playing is kinda like my golf game. I can hit a decent shot once in a while, or maybe even put a decent hole together. But that does not mean I can play a good round of golf. Likewise, my "sitting in" skills are limited unless I have learned the song before. Sure I can follow the chord changes if I know them, but I don't do a whole heck of a lot with them until I am comfortable. I am getting there, but I am not there yet.

I would certainly sit back and let the true beginners take the lead, but I certainly think I could benefit from it. Rocket, it is your idea, and you have done it before. Lead on. :AOK: :beer:

piebaldpython
February 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Rocket.......I am SO ready to do this.......I know where the first position notes and chords are.....I finally have time to play/practice and had intended on starting this week........so some direction from you would be most welcome to help get me started.......in that vein, this weekend I had gone to chordie.com and printed out chords/words to songs I like so that I can get past just noodling around and accomplishing NOTHING.....oh yeah, I am DEFINITELY ready for this.

I don't know about anyone else........but I'd really like to learn (in babysteps of course, :D ) how to intersperse rhythm and single notes. Nothing flashy mind you.....but just to be able to satisfy this desire to do something CREATIVE for me. No ulterior motive of being a Rock Star. :rotflmao:

Thanks for the offer.

just strum
February 2nd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Plus, they get to see the shirts!!!

Childbride
February 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM

:D

Rocket
February 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Are you making light of my Tropicana wear, HoB, or my fantastic Tee collection?

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Just stay away from thongs please. ;)

player
February 3rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
half a mo.y'all have or get shirts what's up with that?definitely out.having over 4 decades playing w/o any theory(in guitar).things have gone well regardless.heck I don't even read guitar music but do piano so transposing is a must :confused: a good ear can rule but for those just starting instruction is highly recommened :AOK: - Great idea SVL

Kazz
February 3rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
I'm game

Tynee
February 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Would TRULY love to take the sparse collection of chords I've learned, and figure out how to turn them into a SONG, of SOME kind...

CTROCK
February 3rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Do u really need to know theory to be a good musician well the answer is YES and NO! look at Jimmy Hendrix! not just him but alot of more musician!

Rocket
February 3rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ok, I'll try to whip up two essential RocketStyle-For-Nubs prerequisites this weekend:
Lesson 1. Fist-O-Chords.
Lesson 2. Chord Symbiosis.

After that we'll move right on to Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, Eddie Cochran.
(Remember, I'm old!)

just strum
February 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Are you making light of my Tropicana wear, HoB, or my fantastic Tee collection?

Uhh, Tropicana. Somewhat said with envy, unless they make them in flannel for us northeners.

Tynee
February 3rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Ok, I'll try to whip up two essential RocketStyle-For-Nubs prerequisites this weekend:
Lesson 1. Fist-O-Chords.

(Remember, I'm old!)

This this means that witin 10 days I'll be a guitar god without ever practicing, right?:R

Rocket
February 3rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
This this means that witin 10 days I'll be a guitar god without ever practicing, right?
Nope... everything requires practice!

mcgreggor57
February 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
(Remember, I'm old!)
Nah...just the right age! ('cause I refuse to be old),

Seriously, looking forward to the lessons.

Rocket
February 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Nah...just the right age! ('cause I refuse to be old).
We'll refer to it as "old-school" or "classic rock" then.

just strum
February 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
We'll refer to it as "old-school" or "classic rock" then.

Real Rock.

As Tom Petty commented when getting his picture taken with Mudcrutch - the comment was something like "Now all the young kids will want to be old"

marnold
February 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
When do the hip injuries kick in? :)

Tynee
February 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Nope... everything requires practice!

Well, crap. Count me out, then.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to this. Just thinking about it motivated me last night to work more on the time lessons Mark posted in this section a while back.

mcgreggor57
February 17th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Any progress?

Rocket
February 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Sure... been busy.
My wife went to perform at a resort in MX and within 10-minutes, broke her ankle & foot.

Lesson 1: Fist-O-chords
Learn to make this chording formation up & down the fretboard. T = Pulgar (Thumb), cover both B & e with indice (index finger) and cover both A & D with anular (ring finger):

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/1790499adaac866ed.jpg

Childbride
February 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sure... been busy.
My wife went to perform at a resort in MX and within 10-minutes, broke her ankle & foot.

Learn to make this chording formation up & down the fretboard. T = Pulgar (Thumb), cover both B & e with indice (index finger) and cover both A & D with anular (ring finger):

[...]

dang, Rocket, poor Rockette has just been through the wringer.

our commiserations for her pain and suffering. that stinks.

hope she is on the mend.

as for the lesson, thank you.

my muscle memory lessons/this new teacher have enabled me to actually make that chord, albeit not w/o muting yet.

will add it to my practice regimen.

again, thank you.

evenkeel
February 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear about Rockette.

My little skinny fingers always struggle with this shape. Always revert to the four finger option. Got to work on that.

luvmyshiner
February 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
It's going to take a little work for me as well. My biggest problem is fretting two strings with the ring finger. Right now I'm muting the G string. But I'll keep working at it. I see my potential.:D

Tynee
February 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Sure... been busy.

That's so tough, my right hand cramped out of sympathy.Imma have to work on that.

piebaldpython
February 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry about Rockette. OUCH!!

I'm with Shiner........that ring finger's gonna be tough. Maybe if I take a mallet to it??? :D I must say that I like that Thumb wrapped around. John Mayer does that a lot I think.

Anyway, thanks for the lesson and it'll be good to work on. :master:

Childbride
February 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
was playing, shiner in the room, fiercely determined and jaw set,

[i will play this once w/o muting before i go to bed]

and i did it. :) just once, so far, but i did.

progress. forward, soldier.

sunvalleylaw
February 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I use that chord shape, but use both my ring finger and pinky on A and D. I will check out doing it your way. Any particular reason not to use your pinky?

Sorry also about Rockette.

markb
February 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Post deleted

peachhead
February 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I use that chord shape, but use both my ring finger and pinky on A and D. I will check out doing it your way. Any particular reason not to use your pinky?

I do that too, but am trying it out this way as well. After all this time trying to get my pinky in gear, now it's hard not to use it.

markb
February 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Post deleted

Rocket
February 18th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Patience grasshoppers... it's only lesson 1.
There's method (and reason) to this madness, (but no theory!)

tot_Ou_tard
February 18th, 2009, 06:01 AM
(Remember, I'm old!) We already knew that 'cause you live in Florida.

I'm definitely a beginner. I think that it's a good idea. I'm currently working on fingerstyle blues however. I'll try out your tacks when the time is right.

just strum
February 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Sure... been busy.

I remember these lessons, but am I missing something in the instructions - no reference to the G string although it's obvious the middle finger (am I allowed to say that?) is used.

Every step leads to bigger and better things.

Rocket
February 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Strum... see diagram.
Put medio (middle finger) on 2... what other instruction is needed?

just strum
February 18th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Strum... see diagram.
Put medio (middle finger) on 2... what other instruction is needed?

Never mind, the point was lost.

Robert
February 18th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I must be missing something here. What is the purpose of fretting 2 notes with the ring finger? Why not use the pinky on the D string instead?

Childbride
February 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
[humbly]

Robert, i would never dare speak for Rocket, or presume to know what he is thinking.

but i guess from what i know of Rocket...

he's got something else planned for the pinkie. Rocket is a pinkie advocate.

Rocket
February 19th, 2009, 02:56 AM
I think this is why I stopped doing this at Washburn forum.
It was supposed to be a fun little project for "Beginners & Newbies" to just get them playing some actual music other than bumming on endless scales & theory and ended up, every single post being hyper-analyzed by the old-timers who know they are all WAY past this.

Are you comfortable barring chords?
Are you already playing a band?
Are you an intermediate or advanced player?
Are you a pro?
Do you give guitar lessons?
Do you teach guitar theory?

If you answered yes to any of these, this isn't even intended for you. It won't be fun for you. The simplicity will insult your established advanced methodology. It will piss you off and cause you to sabotage the rest. You will kill it for everyone else because you won't be able to help yourself muck it up with Hal Leonard-like lessonage... and that's not what this is.

Yes, you are all rock gods... you're on TV and in movies... girls swoon at your feet and beg for your dirty laundry, manufacturers line up to pay you millions to promote their products, you are ridiculously wealthy, reside in a mansion, and are free to treat commoners like the rabid dogs they are...

...but please let the "Beginners & Newbies" have a little fun too! That's why it's in the "Beginners & Newbies" section.

Kazz
February 19th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Rocket....I for one have not had time yet this week to try this....and it looks painful :-)

Please do not let this end like it did at the Washburn forum....there are several of us that are either trying the exercise so far...or are reading along. We appreciate it...even if it has not yet been said.

piebaldpython
February 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Rocket,
I feel like the CLASS DOPE....like the ONE kid who's gonna flunk kindergarten. :D I am having a world of trouble fingering this chord. I flatten out my index finger, I finally get my ring finger to flatten out AND then I have a devil of a time trying to NOT have my middle finger flatten out. Any suggestions?????

sunvalleylaw
February 19th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Ok, I am all for just following along on this. Rocket, please keep it up. Excuse my question, it is in my nature to question. But it will be fun to just follow along and see where it leads. It was hard at first to change how I shaped the chord, but I got the hang of it after a while. The hard part for me is getting the A and D strings to ring out without muting G too much. I am not getting perfect tones if I pick the strings individually in this fingering yet, but I am getting a chord that works.

PAPPY
February 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I had trouble with the ring finger killing the G string but finally figured out if I pulled the G string down a little with the middle finger it would work. My problem is short stubby fingers and thumb. I am having the dickens making my thumb reach for enough to catch the top string but I'm not giving up. Keep it coming Rocket!!

Rocket
February 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Rocket,
I feel like the CLASS DOPE....like the ONE kid who's gonna flunk kindergarten. :D I am having a world of trouble fingering this chord. I flatten out my index finger, I finally get my ring finger to flatten out AND then I have a devil of a time trying to NOT have my middle finger flatten out. Any suggestions?????
Practice.
Everything new is difficult at first. This chord formation beats barre hands-down for speed & consistency. Fist-O-chord was handed down to me by Ted Nugent long a time ago. You'll see the full beauty in it shortly (another thing... works equally well for electric or acoustic because it requires less finger strength.) I'll show y'all how to do complete Rock/Blues rhythm runs using ONLY Fist-O-chord method.
When I started playing seriously, this was the great equalizer... it is what allows anyone to sit in with anyone else and jam without feeling like a "CLASS DOPE".

piebaldpython
February 19th, 2009, 12:10 PM
OK, thanks Rocket, I'll just keep at it. Right now, I feel like I need the finger strength of SAMSON to make this work. Which, of course, that along with being tense probably only adds to my problems. :D

Rocket
February 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
OK, thanks Rocket, I'll just keep at it. Right now, I feel like I need the finger strength of SAMSON to make this work. Which, of course, that along with being tense probably only adds to my problems. :D
If you, (or anyone else,) needs "the finger strength of SAMSON" for anything guitar related, you're either pressing way harder than necessary OR you're guitar needs to be adjusted properly.

(Patient: Doc, I'm a wigwam... I'm a teepee... what's wrong with me? Doc: You're too tense!)

piebaldpython
February 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
It's not the git, it's the playah. :D

Rocket
February 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
It's not the git, it's the playah.
Suggestion... RELAX!
There's never a need to press a guitar string, (especially electric,) hard. String need only make contact with fret. If you're leaving a divot or rut in your fingertip playing electric guitar... too much pressure.

markb
February 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
It was supposed to be a fun little project for "Beginners & Newbies" to just get them playing some actual music other than bumming on endless scales & theory and ended up, every single post being hyper-analyzed by the old-timers who know they are all WAY past this.

Are you a pro?

If you answered yes to any of these, this isn't even intended for you. It won't be fun for you. The simplicity will insult your established advanced methodology. It will piss you off and cause you to sabotage the rest. You will kill it for everyone else because you won't be able to help yourself muck it up with Hal Leonard-like lessonage... and that's not what this is.

Yes, you are all rock gods... you're on TV and in movies... girls swoon at your feet and beg for your dirty laundry, manufacturers line up to pay you millions to promote their products, you are ridiculously wealthy, reside in a mansion, and are free to treat commoners like the rabid dogs they are...

...but please let the "Beginners & Newbies" have a little fun too! That's why it's in the "Beginners & Newbies" section.

I've deleted my suggestions above for this reason. Lead on, Rocket. Wondering where these girls are though :confused: :)

just strum
February 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Suggestion... RELAX!
There's never a need to press a guitar string, (especially electric,) hard. String need only make contact with fret. If you're leaving a divot or rut in your fingertip playing electric guitar... too much pressure.

++++++++1,000,000

tot_Ou_tard
February 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM
The hard part for me is getting the A and D strings to ring out without muting G too much. I am not getting perfect tones if I pick the strings individually in this fingering yet, but I am getting a chord that works.

I just gave it a try. I can't yet get the G-string to ring clear, but I'll keep trying.

Childbride
February 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM
i got it. :)

Rocket
February 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, here's the minor. Slide indice over to cover G and lift medio. Be sure to practice same formation up & down the fretboard:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/179049a096addb09e.jpg

Childbride
February 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
actually, now that i'm not fighting the fretboard and tensing, this is getting easier. thank you.

both chords, the one that i have trouble muting is high e. but i will have this one, as well.

tyoc
March 10th, 2009, 01:05 PM
auch, this is way to hard for me XD, my hand is small... here you can see my hand graving my epiphone at 5th freet, you see that I hold it tightly but I can't touch my pinky with my thumb finger (the other I can touch with my thumb)... so I can do the shapes, but for my hand size when I go put the thumb almost all the sound is mutated :S.

Also my 3rd finger doesnt "breaks"/flat/bend enought for do the job of grabing 2 or 3 strings, I mean, I have watched other people can do with pressure bend the falange of is finger in the contrary direction, but I have tried it with my fingers and only work OK for 1 and 4 (pinky?), 2 and 3 almost look like if they where extended normally.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_970249b6b6b7c8c26.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1034)

So any suguestions are welcome. I will continue trying but really is hard enought.

just strum
March 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
So any suguestions are welcome. I will continue trying but really is hard enought.

First, stop coming up with reasons on why you can't and search for ways that you can. The short finger syndrome has been around for a long time and there are thousands of people out there with short fingers that play guitar and are good at it. I don't have long fingers and I had the same hang-up when I started playing. All you are doing is putting up a barrier that is going to prevent you from advancing on the journey of playing guitar.

Do a Google search of: playing guitar with short fingers

you will read a number of discussions that are started by people just like you. You are not the only one out there with "perceived" short fingers and you won't be the last.

Despite what some will say, I am of the opinion that there is no "one" correct way to play guitar. You will learn to do things that are within your capabilities. Remember, great guitarist don't necessarily play it right, they just play it good.

sumitomo
March 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Rocket I'm on board with this,the thumb is doing it's job.Tyoc,that's some great advise Strum gave you,you can do it and if not heck play slide.Sumi:D

Rocket
March 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Finger size is never a valid excuse, (however convenient one thinks it might sound.)
YouTube is packed with awesome guitarists with 7-8-9-10 etc. year-old fingers. There are also a number of armless guitarists.

qizRvpYHmrw

I would suggest that you may want to review your method of holding guitar as some tend to want to watch their playing, thus tipping soundboard and forcing wrist into a very unplayable position. Equivalent prob with electric is playing on your lap... strap up and play standing.

I could also suggest that possibly your guitar might not be a good match for your playing style... also common. Many small people with short arms choose to play jumbo's or 25.5" scale length when folk size or 24.75" scale would probably work better for them.
I've known a few working pro's missing ends of fingers or missing whole fingers... seen one that plays with feet.

If all else fails or you find that you MUST have your guitar on your lap... learn to play like Jeff Healey did:

XqU9RZqvFKY

Make music, not excuses!

just strum
March 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM
My comments are actually from Rocket only reworded based on listening to what he said.

I couldn't play a C to save my life and Rocket said one thing to fix that - "Stop looking at your fret hand". That's basically all it took.

We create our own barriers. Despite what I say, I still create barriers, but sometimes we need an outside source to bring that fact to our attention.

tyoc
March 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Haha, what rude boys :), but I listen, also wasn't exactly the answers I was specting, but anyway :dude:.

OK OK, Im only saying that this specific shapes are hard for me, in those shapes is like if I was holding the guitar tightly, if I can not play it in some time then I will say "I can't" not "is hard" it was my first ot at most second try, also perhaps the guitar is not enought thin for doing this types of shapes for me, but change guitar or buy another one is not an option hehe (sometime later when I feel best at this), but I can do it using my first finger like a bar for the 5th freet (still think that is not the point of this).

Ey rocket, Im not "Phenom" ;) (thought I see your point. Havent watched the videos, but I supose they dont use this type of shapes).

However, I can play some things I like, not all of them (for the moment), but this shapes are enought hard for me that is all Im saying.

So go on with the third. For execute the shapes I will use my first finger in a complete bar, thought I will try my best for use the thumb.

R_of_G
March 12th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Finger size is never a valid excuse, (however convenient one thinks it might sound.)

Definitely the truth. When I saw Marc Ribot live for the first time I was no more than five feet from him. The thing that kept going through my mind was "his hands are so small". I realized right then and there you don't need to have super long Jimi Hendrix fingers to play. It probably made it easier for Jimi, but small fingers don't preclude you from being a good player.

wingsdad
March 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
There are short-scale guitars for smaller hands to cope with.

The Fender Mustang and Duosonic with 24" scale lengths were conceived in the early 60's as inexpensive ($125-or so) 'student' models for young kids to learn on, so they might someday upgrade to a Stratocaster or Jag or Jazzmaster. Today, there's reissues of these by Fender ('Stang) and Squier (CV Duosonic) and the Squier Mini (strat).

Then, there's this little one. With a 20 3/4" scale length, it, too, was originally intended when it first came out in the late 50's as a student model and was relatively inexpensive. But in the hands of one small-handed rhythm guitar genius, it helped start a revolution:

Rick 325C58JG (http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=325C58JG)

He actually bought it in MapleGlo (325C58MG (http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=325C58MG)) and painted it black. And he beat the crap out of it on his way to fame & fortune ("to the top, boys!") When he and his mates came to conquer America in '64, the manufacturer's CEO, Frank Hall, tracked him down at the Plaza Hotel in NYC, handed his guitar mate one of their new 12-String models, and handed him something like this:

Rick 325C64 (http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=325C64)

If I ever hit the lotto or anything like it, I'll hunt one down, someday, someway.

oldguy
March 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Train's jumping the tracks here, friendly reminder, thank you.

Bump..............

Are you a pro?

wingsdad
March 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Train's jumping the tracks here, friendly reminder, thank you.

Bump..............

Sorry, OG...it did indeed stray off into a 'size matters' debate. You can delete or move my post, if need be.

My intent was to point out to those here with smaller hands/shorter fingers, or perhaps crippled fingers, who feel they just can't manage handling Rocket's very practical and valuable stepping stone lessons that there may be a means of coping with it.

oldguy
March 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
That was in no way intended for you specifically, wingsdad, no offense intended, I merely wanted to keep things on track as requested by Rocket earlier in the thread. :)

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Lesson 1. Fist-O-Chords.

(Remember, I'm old!)

Hey Rocket! I was enjoying this and could use something new. Any chance you might have time to lay out the next coupla steps? Thanks in advance. :AOK:

Steve

Rocket
April 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Didn't seem to garner much interest... left it to die.

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hmm, I'm interested anyway, if you have time.

Childbride
April 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rocket, i'm always interested in learning.

bigG
April 25th, 2009, 05:26 AM
There is a method to Rocket's madness: "wax on, wax off, grasshopper":)