PDA

View Full Version : Strobosoft?

Tele-Dave
February 3rd, 2009, 03:08 AM
Whoever has Petersen's Strobosoft, Do you like it and do you think it is worth it?
Was thinking of getting a really good electronic tuner for fine-tweaking my guitars and Strobosoft looks like it might get the nod.

How about ease of use?
Everything needed in the box?

Any elaboration on this product will be appreciated.

Thanx-----------Dave

Rx Tone
February 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
Well, first off I don't own a Strobosoft....but..I do own the Peterson VS1 and the VS2.
They offer all the things I need for touring.
I'm sure you've done your research and are aware of the features so I won't go into all that.
I'll just say the Peterson strobes are the only tuners I've used on stage for the past 10 years or so (and the only one I would use) and I know a lot of techs nationwide who feel the same way.
They're the most accurate tuner you'll ever find, very roadworthy and easy to use...and whether you use all the features or just tune guitars in standard I think you'd be happy with a Peterson.

One thing I do on the road, however..I always tune and set intonation with a strobe but when my main guy gets a guitar from me, unless he goes right into the next song, he tends to fiddle around messing with stuff...and then I look and he's re tuning to his POS Boss stomp box...I've told him repeatedly NOT to do that...when I hand the $hit to you it's right...but he is a knucklehead.. :whatever: ..anyway..I set up a cheap *** POS Boss stompbox in line with my Peterson so I can do an A-B comparison and know how sharp or flat the Boss is and adjust accordingly...split the difference, so to speak. Since I have 3 players on stage it is a good thing if they're all in tune :bravo:
Once the show is up and running this problem usually goes away because they have other things to think about rather than obsessively re tuning.

sorry..I got off topic...

Peterson makes the best, most accurate tuner you'll EVER need. I paid 200.00 for each of mine but they've travelled this country and Europe with me several times and NEVER had any problems..so I'd guess using it @ home you should be very pleased. :AOK: