PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 Rotomachine

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I think this is going to be my next pedal.....

http://www.line6.com/tonecore/rotomachine.html

I've listened to everything out there from everyone and this bugger nails the effect and the price is reasonable. View the video demo and listen to the samples.

SuperSwede
July 13th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Those tonecore pedals looks amazing, if you get tired of that effect you can buy a new module instead of buying a entire new pedal!

The rotomachine sounds really good.

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 02:19 PM
SS - I bought it today. The guys at GC really know how to get me to buy. :) This thing is built like a rock, it's heavy and looks as cool as it sounds. I messed with it at the store and I am leaving work early today to play with it. :D

SuperSwede
July 13th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Thats the spirit Tone :)

..........So did you buy extra modules for it as well? The constrictor module is really really good too... .. :D haha

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 02:32 PM
No...I only bought the Roto. I wish I could clone the body for free and then I'd get a module. :) Do you offer a cloning service my friend?

SuperSwede
July 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.serpentvenom.com/Art/Web/clonedigest/images/c_dCover.jpg

I know that they managed to clone Dolly but I could not find a picture with both of them. So enjoy half of the cloned dollys.

http://www.whineandcheese.net/photos/uncategorized/dolly.jpg

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM
haha Awww a sheep. Lets see how many posts we get now on Dolly's axe. How old is she anyway?

Katastrophe
July 13th, 2006, 07:22 PM
My guess... early 60s...

Is that a Blueshawk?:D

And, the pedal looks really cool. I always wanted something that could give me that Leslie vibe to my sound!

Spudman
July 13th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Hey, er...um... is that sheep single? Winter'l be here in no time. Which reminds me of a joke.....

Back on topic - sounds like some cool pedals. Modules? How does that work?

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Kata - My guess was about the same for Miss Parton. My 2nd guess was a PRS hollowbody one-off on her guitar, Tremonti style, sans the dreamy dove inlays. ;)

Spud - Please by all means finish the joke. :) You can buy the "brains" of each of the Tone Core pedals and mix and match if you want to. Each pedal frame has an insert that allows you to insert a module of a different effect. I don't know how much each module costs though. Kind of a swell idea in a gimicky way. My report on the Rotomachine will appear here in the morning...I'm still playing. :)

Nelskie
July 14th, 2006, 04:26 AM
The guys at GC really know how to get me to buy.
Yeah . . . that's it . . . it's those guys at GC. Yeah . . . you know . . . they make me buy stuff. I really don't go into the store thinking I'm going to buy anything. . . but in the end . . . it's useless to resist.

Even though its GAS pure and simple, I can't really blame you for snapping one of these pedals up. For me, it was the simulated wood grain applique' on the control section that pushed me into the "must have" category. Actually, it reminds me of an AMC Pacer that my buddy's sister used to drive. And yes . . . she smelled like strawberries too! ;)

SuperSwede
July 14th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Dollys guitar is a blueshawk. http://www.blueshawk.info/intro.htm

Tone2TheBone
July 14th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Ok. The Rotomachine provides a good representation of the rotating Leslie speaker.

Cons - eats batteries like candy for people who are "lazy" to hook up the pedal board AC chords.

Pros - The pedal does what it specifies.

It provides 3 modes of rotation. Based on 3 different rotating speaker assemblies...2 Leslie and 1 Fender Vibratone. 145 being the smaller Leslie drum and horn model, the L16 being the Fender and the 122 being the larger Leslie. Each model has it's own unique sound characteristics. There are 2 knobs that control the fast speed and the slow speed of the speakers.

The pedal uses a tap function to slow down or speed up the rotation which you adjust with the 2 knobs mentioned above and really adds dynamics to your sound. Fully stomped on the effect is turned off. This is handy for screaming solos on higher strings because the effect really wobbles the sound on the higher notes. Tapping to a lower setting smoothes lead lines out and when you're back on the mid to lower registers a nice full sounding rotation sounds better. I really like the smaller of the 2 Leslies (the 145). It has a good mix of frequencies and isn't as over the top as the bigger Leslie. The pedal has a blend knob that either enhances or reduces the horn speaker so you can adjust to your liking. Adding more horn also reduces the drum tone so it becomes very bright with less low end. I find the knob best in the 12:00 position for a Strat or Tele. I haven't tried the Les Paul on it yet but I bet it would sound cool using the mellower drum sound of the L16.

You can replace the module with another effect if you want. I don't know how much the individual modules are though and there's a whole bunch of different effects you can have. It really does a rotating Leslie very well and it's fun messing around with it to see what it can do.