PDA

View Full Version : Used American Strat Price?

Viking Power
February 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on the fair market value of a 3 to 4 year old American Standard Stratocaster. In the Seattle, Washington USA area.

Condition=very good. Some fret wear. Probably needs a set-up done.

Thanks in advance.:AOK:

Spudman
February 3rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
I've been seeing $600-$750 depending on the model and wear. Certainly if you are buying then tell the seller you've seen them for as low as $550.:D

Viking Power
February 3rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
I've been seeing $600-$750 depending on the model and wear. Certainly if you are buying then tell the seller you've seen them for as low as $550.:D

It's a buddy so I can't stretch the truth too far;) ....he said he'd give me a deal any way.

Thanks for the info!:beer:

markb
February 3rd, 2009, 06:00 PM

Sounds about since they're around $1000 new. 3 to 4 years old would make it an American Series strat, I think. As a solid working man's instrument, the American Standard/Series guitars are very hard to beat IMO.

just strum
February 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
I would agree with Spud on the approach.

And if those are the prices being thrown around, I feel real good about my American Deluxe, not that I ever felt anything but good. To top it off, mine is an American Plank Strat Deluxe played through my DVM Valve Jr. It's a fret.net set-up that brings a smile to my face!!!

TS808
February 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Depending on the condition, I've seen them go anywhere from $550-750, again it all depends on what kind of shape they are in.

I think it's a good time to buy used now too since Fender is already coming out with their price increases on new gear.

hubberjub
February 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Six bills would be a good deal if you're buying from a buddy. Any less and you might need to find new friends.

Algonquin
February 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
I see a lot of consignment guitars listed for up to 75% of original value if they are in good shape. So a $1,000 new guitar will likely go in the $700 range give or take (as others have already mentioned)

Nothing wrong with a good used guitar.

Cheers :beer:

Viking Power
February 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the input!!!!!!! Muchos gracias!!!!!