PDA

View Full Version : Mudcrutch

just strum
February 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
For those of you that don't have VH1 Classic or just haven't cought it yet.

Ln7F-a05aQI&feature=related

and if you don't know the story behind Mudcrutch

U9qbQxbvtTI&feature=related

TS808
February 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Excellent! I really like their stuff...one station around here plays them once in a while.

markb
February 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
I've just downloaded the album, curse you! :)

just strum
February 4th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I've just downloaded the album, curse you! :)

Where did you go for the download?

markb
February 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Where did you go for the download?

iTunes.

Link (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=278674336&s=143461)

tjcurtin1
February 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Sounds really good - rootsy American rock.. I did bump into the album title earlier, but didn't hear anything from it.

BTW - where the heck are they playing? In a music store??

wingsdad
February 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Yep, it's been re-released recently, sometimes found among the Tom Petty cd's...all part of the follow-up to the 'Runnin' Down The Dream' bio-documentary video (directed by Peter Bogdanovich) and coffee-table book that came out in the fall. Best Buy had/has an exclusive 3-DVD set with the RDTD vid on 2 of them, and their 30th Anniversay Gainesville, FL concert on the 3rd. (got it from my kids for Xmas...:AOK: if you dig TP & Mike Campbell like I do, you may want to give it try...the parade of wicked-cool guitars TP and MC flash (esp. Fenders and Ric's) will surely stoke the GASses :thwap:

sunvalleylaw
February 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I like the tune, and that semihollow on lead too. Looks like similar to the Vik but is maybe one of the new double cutaway Gretsches?

oldguy
February 5th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Nice find, Strum. Thanks!:AOK:

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurtin1

Yep, it's been re-released recently, sometimes found among the Tom Petty cd's...all part of the follow-up to the 'Runnin' Down The Dream' bio-documentary video (directed by Peter Bogdanovich) and coffee-table book that came out in the fall. Best Buy had/has an exclusive 3-DVD set with the RDTD vid on 2 of them, and their 30th Anniversay Gainesville, FL concert on the 3rd. (got it from my kids for Xmas...:AOK: if you dig TP & Mike Campbell like I do, you may want to give it try...the parade of wicked-cool guitars TP and MC flash (esp. Fenders and Ric's) will surely stoke the GASses :thwap:

It's really a music store? Because it looks just like photos I've seen of the Heartbreakers' storage/practice studio, here is a shot of some of Mike's amps from a pic in Premier Guitar mag:

http://www.premierguitar.com/issue/features/images/200804_campbell_5.jpg

Here's another pic, from the NY Times, in a story that describes Mudcrutch as "warming up for rehearsal in a cluttered one-room studio"-- same one from the Premier Guittar shot and the Mudcrutch viddy, I believe (note the carpeting on the riser):

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/04/20/arts/ligh-600.jpg

I like the tune, and that semihollow on lead too. Looks like similar to the Vik but is maybe one of the new double cutaway Gretsches?

Isn't it just an old Dot 335 with a Bigsby? That's what it looks like to me.

At any rate, these guys are my homies. I'd love to get a chance to meet them, especially Tom and Mike, some time. I did very briefly chat with the original Heartbreakers drummer, Stan Lynch, at a local music awards ceremony once.

sunvalleylaw
February 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Quote:

At any rate, these guys are my homies. I'd love to get a chance to meet them, especially Tom and Mike, some time. I did very briefly chat with the original Heartbreakers drummer, Stan Lynch, at a local music awards ceremony once.

Yeah, that would make sense I guess for it to be a Dot with a Bigsby. I like semis with funky tailpieces. It would be cool to meet them sometime. I had a law school classmate (Jessie) from down your way who claimed to see Petty way in the beginning when he was playing local outdoor fests and parties or the like, and had little regard for him. I did not let old Jessie's sour attitude on him interfere with my enjoyment of his music.

just strum
February 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM

I believe, but not positive that it's a 335 with a Bigsby. It is a Gibson, so the 335 is my best guess.

If you get a chance to watch the entire show on VH1 Classics, I highly recommend you set aside the time for viewing.

just strum
March 9th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Good concert series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65dsQmx-HIU&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=ED7681D3EE00B67B&index=3&playnext=4&playnext_from=PL

tunghaichuan
March 9th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I watched a movie last night, a western called "Appaloosa" with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen. One of the songs on the soundtrack was "Scare Easy" by Mudcrutch.

Good film, I enjoyed it. Good song, too.

tung

Geraint Jones
March 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I saw that film last night as well , you can`t beat a good western .