PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bonamassa "The Ballad of John Henry"

marnold
February 3rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
I guess I wasn't even aware that Joe Bonamassa had a new album coming out this month, but there ya go. You can listen to the title track here (http://www.provoguerecords.com/ecard/bonamassa/johnhenry.html).

Lev
February 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
sounds great, just pre-ordered the CD :)

Robert
February 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
That track has fantastic guitar sound, don't it?

marnold
February 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Yep! "Funkier Than a Mosquito's Tweeter" and "As the Crow Flies" are two early favorites for me. I downloaded it from Amazon this morning.

marnold
February 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I've listened to this album a couple of times. I really like it. A couple of songs are a bit of a departure for Joe. As much as I liked "Sloe Gin," this one will probably get heavier rotation on my MP3 player.

duhvoodooman
February 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I'm going to listen to some of those tunes tonight. Played LIVE. Mwah-ha-ha-ha!!! :rockon: :dude: :rockon:

Downloaded the MP3 album from Amazon last night so that I can burn a CD and listen to it during the 2 hr. drive to Syracuse, where the concert will be (Landmark Theatre, downtown).

Blaze
February 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
You lucky DVM , enjoy it ..review tomorrow..

tUXX5HnBjx4

Jimi75
March 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
On some live clips of that song he plays a Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci model, quite unusual for a player like JB...but this shows how open minded Joe is! Still haven't heard the album yet, but it sure is good.

duhvoodooman
March 2nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
On some live clips of that song he plays a Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci model, quite unusual for a player like JB...but this shows how open minded Joe is!
At the Bonamassa show on Saturday night, he opened with John Henry and played it on the MM Petrucci Baritone model. Gorgeous deep, rumbling tone. The Petrucci Baritones I'd seen pictured had all been a black-burst finish with a base color of either a purple or green, but this one was a walnut brown. You can see it on THIS PAGE (http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/john-petrucci-bfr-baritone.html)....

Jimi75
March 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
Petrucci and Joe being two of my favourite players, I like Joe playing John's model :-)

Spudman
March 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Here is a video of Joe in the studio doing a song off the album
jMXXnLSRdBE&

duhvoodooman
March 30th, 2009, 05:05 AM
And the title tune in the studio:

uaCjPdtDBxo