PDA

View Full Version : Tonerider City Limits!

thekiwidisciple
February 4th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Well, I just installed a set of Tonerider City Limits in my Squier Strat. One word...amazing! :bravo:

duhvoodooman
February 4th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Well, one word may depict your degree of satisfaction, but it provides little indication to the rest of us of how the sound of the guitar changed and what it is about the pickup's tonal characteristics that you like. So please expound, sir! :poke: ;)

thekiwidisciple
February 4th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Fair call, fair call...

The guitar has changed completely. Stock pickups were CCC really. Now, however, it's got such a beautifully fat, hot and rich sound. Each note seems to resonate a lot better. The neck sounds very thick and creamy, but as the same time I can get a lot of SRV, overdriven type tones out of it. The middle really shines, and is useful for those "Layla-ish" Clapton tones. The bridge however....wow! Up until now I rarely used the Bridge pickup on any guitar, particularly Strats. I can't get enough of this one! It's really ballsy and has quite a modern sound which helps with those solos! It's wound to 9.0k.:bravo:

Clips to follow in a couple of days, when I get my camera back from my brother...:poke:

Ben.:beer: