PDA

View Full Version : Little Lost Angel

johnboymartin
February 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
This is a bit of a alternative country or country rock song. We used a Tak EF341dlx for the acoustic rhythm, and a reverend WarhawkHBII for the main riffs. The solo is a Fernandes retroprocket pro. The chromatic bridge is my friend Larry Pester trading guitar and piano solos with himself.

Johnboy

http://www.box.net/shared/ef6zcz63xb

Jipes
February 5th, 2009, 06:22 AM
This is a bit of a alternative country or country rock song. We used a Tak EF341dlx for the acoustic rhythm, and a reverend WarhawkHBII for the main riffs. The solo is a Fernandes retroprocket pro. The chromatic bridge is my friend Larry Pester trading guitar and piano solos with himself.

Johnboy
http://www.box.net/shared/ef6zcz63xb

Great song and good groove I like it :rockon: The guitars sound really gritty and greasy like I love them :AOK:

Algonquin
February 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
That sounded great JohnBoy. Great song with a killer intro :AOK: I think I prefer the shuffle style drumming on the intro over the pattern where the song ended. Very nicely done from start to finish... really enjoyed that.

David

johnboymartin
February 5th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much for the encouragement!

It is so much fun to have guitar guys like your stuff when you are a guitar guy!

Johnboy

helliott
February 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Loved this tune. Not a country fan, but this is a real crossover. Who wrote the tune?

johnboymartin
February 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Howdy Helloit!

Thank you so much for the compliment!

I hear you when it comes to country. I am the writer. An interesting side note.... I tried to country this up a bit by slowing it down to line dancing tempo. (Somewhere between 101 to 105 bpm.) It was really more of a rocker when I envisioned it. (around the standard 120bpm )

We had a chance to pitch Chris Cagel's fiddle player. He liked it, but you gotta give these country dudes a homerun in their own stylistic ballpark or your'e just coughin up wieners!

I appreciate you guys listening! It means alot to me. And I thank you so much!!!

Johnboy

FrankAxtell
February 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Great recording...very nicely done!

johnboymartin
February 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Thank you Frank!

I appreciate your compliments.

Johnboy

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM
A lot of fun Johnboy.