PDA

View Full Version : Rossington's New Peavey Amp

bigoldron
February 5th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Gary's getting a little well deserved recognition. He may not be the most proficient player in the world, but he does have that unmistakable sound. This amp looks like a pretty cool rig! Check it out:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/peavey-honors-lynryd/jan-09/93027 :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM
140 tube watts?

:eek:

Gracious, you could play stadiums with that thing un-mic'd!

Katastrophe
February 5th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Man, I love Rossington's playing. He's very expressive.

It's about time Peavey honored him with a sig amph. He's been a faithful user of their products forever, it seems.

Andy
February 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM
true, skynyrd has been using peavey forever,I remember when they first got back together they were auditioning all these different amps and ended up pulling the original peaveys from storage.

bigoldron
February 5th, 2009, 01:09 PM
140 tube watts?

:eek:

Gracious, you could play stadiums with that thing un-mic'd!

I think that's kinda the idea... :D 'Course, Gary's getting older like us, so maybe it's a hearing issue... :D :D

mrmudcat
February 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Huh did ya say something Ron?

just strum
February 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Just another "office" amp.

markb
February 5th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Sounds like an updated Mace without the cool series/parallel channel switching. That's an amp feature I'd really like to have back. Like running a two amp rig in one box.

bigoldron
February 6th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Huh did ya say something Ron?

Eh? You talkin' to me? :confused:

Just another "office" amp.

Yeah, if your office is a football stadium... :rotflmao:

Spudman
February 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Sounds like an updated Mace without the cool series/parallel channel switching. That's an amp feature I'd really like to have back. Like running a two amp rig in one box.

Close but different tubes and pre amp. The Mace is an SS pre with 6L6 output tubes. The new amp is all tube EL34s. I'm sure you are right though. I'd heard he loved the Mace and why not update it for something newer?