PDA

View Full Version : Momentary switch for rc-2

FLHX
February 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I came across this website where a guy made pedals for his rc-2. Has anyone made one of these momentary switches?

First off, I'll say that I made a external "pedal" to plug into the RC-2, equivalent to the "FS-6" (a two button external pedal from Boss) using simple electronics skills, for about $4, and this has made using the RC-2 *extremely* easy. It's basically a Normally Closed, momentary switch wired to the left channel of a 1/4" plug. If you want, you can wire a second switch to the right channel. With this external pedal, the left channel switch controls Stop/Tap Tempo and the right channel scrolls through the saved states.

With this pedal, the Boss RC-2 is a breeze to operate, basically making it a RC-20xl. I can set the tempo, start recording, overdub and stop with single presses of my foot.

The loop quantizer function really helps get the timing on loops perfect, and works pretty dang well. Within about a day or so of practice, I was able to get the timing right without the loop quantizer (which you have to set the tempo in order to use). My only complaint with the ease of use is scrolling through the drum tracks. For some reason, they put all of the decent, normal sounding drum beats at the end of the list, so it takes forever to scroll there.