PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder on Sesame St

Suhnton
February 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I ran across this great vid while browsing Youtube. Apparently that's Ray "Ghostbusters" Parker Jr on gat (I did see a recent interview with him where he said he learned his songwriting while touring with Stevie Wonder). Mr Wonder also appears to have surrounded himself with a stack of Orange amps. The kid at 4:11 seems to dig the music too.

_ul7X5js1vE

marnold
February 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
That has to be one of the funkiest songs ever. Very sonically dense too. I absolutely love it--as well as SRV's cover of it.

The sax player's shirt 0wns too.

Robert
February 6th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Here's my version:

WrRLc7j7Ru8

peachhead
February 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Awesome song. Man, SW was young on that clip. But I guess we all were then.....
Cool trumpet, too.
Robert, your clip was too short!

sunvalleylaw
February 6th, 2009, 11:35 PM
That was very cool! That song is great. I love it when stars join the muppets!

bigoldron
February 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I'm almost (but not) ashamed to admit that I remember seeing that clip when it aired. That was in the mid to late 70's (which put me in high school) and I used to watch a lot of PBS. Back then, it was mostly educational shows (NOVA, etc.) or Benny Hill or Fawlty Towers. I dug all those and yes, I dug SS too! There's always been a lot of stars that have made guest appearances on Sesame Street. Even Rev. Billy, Dusty and Frank have been on it, if memory serves correctly. The Muppets even had a take-off of ZZ Top.

But you're all right, Superstition is a way funky song, whether it be Stevie or Stevie or even Robert playing it! And I agree with Peachhead, Robert's clip is too short.

bigoldron
February 12th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I knew I wasn't crazy. I couldn't find a clip of ZZ Top on Sesame Street, but they did make the show one time. Here's a video of their "inspiration" for the Muppets:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABX4kZnRGHk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABX4kZnRGHk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not bad for a puppet with a hand stuck up its butt. Definitely a takeoff of the "Little Old Band From Texas". :D