PDA

View Full Version : Replacement 10" (Weber) speakers don't fit in my 4 x 10" cabinet?

Pickngrin
February 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I just received my 2 new Weber Signature 10s today (Yay!). My Traynor is a 4x10 front-mount. The new speakers don't go quite all the way in to the baffle (there's a gap, even with the old gasket intact). Do I need to rear-mount these or is there something that I am missing here?

Thanks

M29
February 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Not sure I understand what is happening. If it will not seal the hole spacing must be off some. Can you take a pic for us? If the holes do not line up you might be able to rotate the speaker and make some new holes.

M

Pickngrin
February 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Not sure I understand what is happening. If it will not seal the hole spacing must be off some. Can you take a pic for us? If the holes do not line up you might be able to rotate the speaker and make some new holes.

M

Well, I wound up removing the old gaskets to put in the two new 10" speakers. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have gaskets between the baffle and the speaker basket or not. My worry was that if I screwed them in that it would deform the metal speaker baskets.