PDA

View Full Version : Is Leaving The House Bad For You?

wingsdad
February 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Dont' get your knickers in a knot, gang. My tongue's planted firmly in my cheek.

Keeping with the weekend theme of "Is [x] bad for you?", I might have titled this thread "Is Living Bad For You?"

After all, the more you live, the more likely you are to die.

Be sure to look both ways before crossing the street; you could get hit by a truck.

And don't talk to strangers, because if you do, they won't be strangers anymore.

ted s
February 8th, 2009, 11:36 AM
:rotflmao:
If you do venture out, make sure the tin foil hat is on firmly.

tot_Ou_tard
February 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
:rotflmao:
If you do venture out, make sure the tin foil hat is on firmly.
Tin Foil hats should never be worn. It has been determined that they collect & concentrate the forces one is seeking to avoid.

Don't ask me how I know. ;)

Spudman
February 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
It's all about perspective. If you want to get killed then standing in the highway is probably a good thing in your eyes.:pancake:

oldguy
February 8th, 2009, 11:56 AM
My knickers are not in a knot.:D
Nice food for thought, wingsdad, now I have to leave the house, take my wife and go buy a new coffeepot.
I'm sure somewhere in there something unhealthy will appear, but if I don't go get the little lady a new coffeemaker, it will definitely appear, quite soon!

Rocket
February 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM
After all, the more you live, the more likely you are to die.
Actually, more living = living more... less living = more dying.

Be sure to look both ways before crossing the street; you could get hit by a truck.
Then how come you rarely ever hear of blind people being hit by trucks?

And don't talk to strangers, because if you do, they won't be strangers anymore.
Or they just may shoot you in the face!

Robert
February 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
On weekends, I leave the house to run a couple of hours a day. On Sundays, I often go 3 hours. I've survived so far.

I have the vague feeling I'm a good target for making fun of this weekend... ;)

Spudman
February 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
On weekends, I leave the house to run a couple of hours a day. On Sundays, I often go 3 hours. I've survived so far.

I have the vague feeling I'm a good target for making fun of this weekend... ;)

Times running out. The odds are less in your favor than when you started running. I worry about the same thing when I'm out on my bicycle.

Robert
February 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Well, bicyclists are "bumper food" to motorists. Dangerous stuff. I run on trails and other places where I only have to worry about wildlife, which around here means gophers or deer.

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I am on the way out the door for a XC ski with the dog. :)