hagarfreak33
February 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I got it!!:master:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/ksac35/02-08-09_1642.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/ksac35/fenderstdstratlpb.jpg

just strum
February 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Very nice!!!

I really like the color. Which model Strat is it?

Give us details. Give us drooling material.

Robert
February 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Congrats! Hey, isn't that Jack Black ripping up that Strat? :D

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Very, very cool! Nuthin' wrong with a new strat. Especially one that looks like that.

tot_Ou_tard
February 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Nice.

Details! Details Hagar!

Spudman
February 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Oooo ahhhh. I like it. I almost got one that looked just like it back in 2001. Congrats on the new fiddle.

Katastrophe
February 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Nice, man!

How does the new fiddle play?

peachhead
February 8th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Looks great! Need clips and details!

hagarfreak33
February 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
It sounds great!I bought it at Guitar Center walked from the register to the Tech and had him set it up.Feels great I'll post some clips Tomorrow.
It is the Lake Placid Blue MIM Strat standard.
Worked out real good because the setup took a day and when I went home a 10% discount coupon came in the mail-so I brought it in the next day and they did an even swap for the setup.:bravo:

hagarfreak33
February 8th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Congrats! Hey, isn't that Jack Black ripping up that Strat? :D
LOL --I have heard Jack Black before but usually its Silent Bob:D

bigoldron
February 8th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Sweet ax, Hagar! I really like that Lake Placid Blue and the rosewood neck!

markb
February 9th, 2009, 12:20 AM
LPB and rosewood. A classic combination. Very nice guitar.

Jimi75
February 9th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Great looking guitar! The sound must be awesome, too.

Congrats!

oldguy
February 9th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Lake Placid Blue is a really cool color. Congrats on the new Strat, hagar!

Brian Krashpad
February 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Congrats!

Looking forward to the actual pics.

hagarfreak33
February 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Here is a quick clip

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWpTfAdzmG0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWpTfAdzmG0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Algonquin
February 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Very nice Ken!

M29
February 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Great looking guitar hf33!! Nice playing too:AOK:

hagarfreak33
February 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM

t_ross33
February 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Very nice. I've been diggin' my MIM Strat quite a bit lately :AOK: But then again, I just got my Tele back from the shop following a proper setup and fret dressing and it's super-sweet now... oh, and I have my eye on another little number that I hope to post about in a few days time...

Oh yeah, Strat. I love my Strat ;)

Brian Krashpad
February 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Sounds cool, what pickup position were you using, do you remember?

hagarfreak33
February 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Switch position 3;)

Brian Krashpad
February 11th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Switch position 3;)

Thanks. I use 2 and 4 a lot, and the bridge occasionally, but rarely just the neck or just the middle. Then again, I don't play Strat very often to begin with.

TS808
February 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Nice! I just found one on ebay in that same color with a maple fretboard. The MIM standards are without a doubt a great bang for the buck.

just strum
February 11th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks. I use 2 and 4 a lot, and the bridge occasionally, but rarely just the neck or just the middle. Then again, I don't play Strat very often to begin with.

Same here. I have the HSS and find I settle on 2 and 4 85% to 90% of the time.

Duff49
February 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I had the tone knob switched from the middle to the bridge on two of my strats and I really like that simple and inexpensive mod.

What I find is that now position 3 rocks! The middle pickup is now wide open with no tone control on it like the bridges used to be. So the middle pickup sounds super great now to my ear. And being able to modify the tone on the bridge setting is really cool.

I did this to the Seymour Duncan 'lil 59 in the middle on my "Black Pearl" sss; and to the stock middle single coil on my Classic Vibe '50s. That middle pup now really sings on both of these guitars.

Most everybody probably knows about that strat wiring modification, but if you don't, I think you will find this info interesting at least, and maybe even motivating to have it done to one of your strats. My guess is that you would find the result very satisfying.

It's great to be able to tweak the strat bridge tone on the bridge setting. When you think about it, it justs sounds like a great idea. The unexpected plus I found was that I really like the sound of the middle pickup in position 3 a lot better now and actually use it a lot.

I would recommend this mod to anyone that thinks it might be a good idea. It will probably work out better than you already think it will. I'm going to do it to other strats in the future, absolutely. I should do it to the Hwy One ssh next, as well as my Squire Deluxe. I think you get a lot more out of the pickups when they are set up this way.

Peace

Duffy

Guitar-Chris
February 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I had the tone knob switched from the middle to the bridge on two of my strats and I really like that simple and inexpensive mod.

That was my first mod ever, when receiving my Squier CV 50's. The bridge PU without tone control was hard to handle when playing with overdrive or distortion. Now it can be controlled very fine. And I also recognized the more open tone of the middel pickup.

On my Yamaha Pacifica with S/S/H pickups I also changed the switching option. Now it is:

1: Neck Pickup
2: Neck with middle pickup
3: Neck with bridge humbucker (!)
4. Middle with bridge humbucker in single coil split mode
5. Bridge pickup.

Bilsdragon
March 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Hagar, that was a sweet clip!!! I bought that same guitar today. It rocks and looks sweet too. Good luck with it. I spent about two hours setting her up and now I'm real happy with the way it feels and plays. :beer:

Duff49
March 14th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I just had that mod done on my Squire "White Out" Deluxe last night when I had it set up again. Being able to control the bridge pup alone with the tone control is a really great mod that I'll have done to other strats too.

I should get you Pacifica mod done to my Highway One SSH.

The middle switch pup sounds way more useable wide open than the bridge did wide open. I'm playing the "White Out" tonight and it really plays well and sounds super great.

That Lake Placid blue strat looks cool. I can only imagine how cool a white pearl pickguard would look on that.

Duffy

Guitar Gal
March 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Great looking new strat hf33 :rockon: Nice clips too :D

GG