February 9th, 2009, 05:51 AM
THcu7ob2tPQ
B4pFyOSAar4
QOe3Sb_CKN4

Too bad I was only a few weeks old when this happened...:dude:

Suhnton
February 9th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Dang, you are a young'un.
I think you'll like this one too: Temple Of The Dog, made up of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell and Matt Cameron, and (at the time, not yet official) Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament and Mike McCready. Eddie Vedder makes an appearance on this tune. It's probably almost time for a grunge renaissance.

XjNjJR9jUGo

Spudman
February 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Ahem

dkPE2ovrxp0

SuperSwede
February 9th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Oh the fond memories of listening to early Nirvana and Pearl Jam.. :)

R_of_G
February 9th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I love Pearl Jam. I saw them in November 1991 at Roseland Ballroom in New York. Have loved them ever since.

As much as I love their original music, the guys in PJ also have great taste in covers. They play the MC5, the Ramones and many other of my favorite bands including... in the spirit of today's punk avatar, the classic "Sonic Reducer" by Dead Boys...

TE3NR04X30c

Kazz
February 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I really like Pearl Jam and Temple of The Dog.

Suhnton
February 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I saw them live in NZ, they played a couple of Split Enz tunes with Neil and Tim Finn for the encore. Split Enz were a NZ band which I think had moderate indie success in the US. Eddie Vedder mentioned they were his favourite band when he was growing up. Neil Finn went on to form Crowded House.

thekiwidisciple
February 9th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I LOVE Split Enz! :O

Ch0jin
February 9th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I LOVE Split Enz! :O

Haha, well look at your screen name, how could I be surprised :)

But yes. I can tick off both Pearl Jam and Nirvana from the list of bands I wanted to see in this lifetime. I do think that most of Pearl Jam's goodness came from Vs and Ten though (as we covered on another thread).

thekiwidisciple
February 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Yes, Vs and Ten were the best. Never been much of a Nirvana fan though...