PDA

View Full Version : no snobs please...........

mrmudcat
February 10th, 2009, 08:56 AM
:beer:

Ok im really liking the prs amp line after hearing derek trucks recently ........finally prices are up here:

http://www.sweetwater.com/c625--Paul_Reed_Smith--Guitar_Com

In line with boutique(sewell helped on these I believe) and really I thought they would be higher although they are high for sure!!!!. Boy I do love the sound!!! Atleast what ive heard on you tube:thwap:

I want the head cab separate so im wondering when these will be out .

Update the head and cab will be end of april according to sales rep at sweetwater.The combos are not pictured in thier ads which I pointed out :thwap:

Robert
February 10th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hey Muddy, didn't you get a Bogner or something?

mrmudcat
February 10th, 2009, 09:06 AM
No im so flip flopping lately.My local has the marshall vintage /modern we talked about.Im hoping to get by there friday.I thought I was going to get the alchemist.Then of course someone gave me gas for a rebel:thwap: Ihave way to many amps as is but want a really good one(I.E. the best) this time around:D

oldguy
February 10th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I hadn't heard PRS had an amp line 'till now. Thanks for the info, mudcat.....and if this is the one for you, I hope you get it.
Some folks spend more than that for the guitar they want, why not the amp too? It'd be nice if you get a chance to play one long and loud first.

mrmudcat
February 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGglkYCBhQE

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM
No im so flip flopping lately.

Yep, heard that was going around, I'm glad I or anyone else here hasn't caught it.

Kazz
February 11th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Derek could plug into a tin can and it would still sound good tho....

Those Marshall Vintage Modern amps are talked very highly about by my guitar guru Frank Hannon.

srm2k
February 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM
The PRS amps are the result of the terrific response to the Sewell amplifiers heard onstage at the Dallas Guitar show in the past two years. Mr. Smith knows good tone when he hears it and now has the deep pockets to offer equipment of this quality. But it was Doug Sewell who created these tone monsters.
When the ads describe "three dimensional" tone they're right on the money - these amps have depth and definition that must be heard to comprehend. At this point they're probably still hand wired with loving care under Doug's direction, so there will be a limit to the quantity available to the general public.
I can remember seeing a Ken Fischer Trainwreck in a Musicians Friend catalog back in the 90's for the "outrageous" price of $1500. I should have bought one of them too.

R.B. Huckleberry
February 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Great sounding amps. I'm too darn happy with my Z, though. :D

Re: the Marshall Vintage Modern. It was on my short list for a long while. Great dounding amph!

tot_Ou_tard
February 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
The amph sounds great. The paisley python covering looks sweet. Buy me one ;).

Derek was wearing a Sun Ra t-shirt in that clip!

Gotta love Sun Ra, not just for the fact that he knows that Space is the Place.